• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel return fittings

tiger422

I am looking for the correct fuel return line compression farrels to replace lines between injectors. I looked at what is in there it looks like it has a small to no taper on one side and other side has longer taper.
Where might I find these things?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you search, if you don't find what you need right off, try searching other words that may be related to what you want. In this case, return lines, fuel line, fuel fittings, etc... might get you the results you need. Some of those key words might be in the posts. And in this case, rechecking your spelling is helpful some times too!(sometimes misspelled works because a thread may contain the words misspelled!)

btw, I've replaced a few of my return and fuel lines with DOT air brake line and normal(symmetrical) brass ferrules from the plumbing store and had excellent results

FreightTrain

Banned
napa has them in stock.I saw them the other day there.They are in the little pull out drawers here in baggies.Single sided jobbers.I went through heck trying to find one that would work and found them by accident even after asking the guys there before.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FT, next time you go to NAPA, please look at them and get a napa part number and post it here.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: fuel return fittings

doghead said:
btw, I've replaced a few of my return and fuel lines with DOT air brake line and normal(symmetrical) brass ferrules from the plumbing store and had excellent results
I used normal brass ferrules and DOT line to replace a line between injectors (because that was all I had at the time). The ferrules worked fine but I noticed the other day while I was under the hood that the line was getting soft. I wonder if the fuel is causing it to get soft and eventually fail?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: fuel return fittings

m16ty said:
doghead said:
I used normal brass ferrules and DOT line to replace a line between injectors (because that was all I had at the time). The ferrules worked fine but I noticed the other day while I was under the hood that the line was getting soft. I wonder if the fuel is causing it to get soft and eventually fail?
My guess is its the nuclear waste you are using as fuel. :roll:

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: fuel return fittings

We have used the common harware store ferrules with DOT hi pressure line without any complications. In the beginning we did use the hardware stores plastice line which was a mistake. Did not hold up under the diesel fuel.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: fuel return fittings

if you use the dot hose and the hardware store ferrules, be sure TO USE the metal inserts , the ferrule will hold for a while then leak without the inserts, also with the dot hose you can tighten to tight and cut the hose. it is best to use a dot fitting, these come with the insert that will match the dot tubing

sponaugle

Bumping an old thread to ask a question.

In this thread it is suggested that the coupler needed for the return fuel line (assuming you are using DOT Nylon Air line and the brass insert (that goes into the line so it doesn't get cut from the crimp) is:

McMaster#: 50815K104. I attached a picture below of what that part looks like. It looks like the part I would expect you would need, as it has what looks like the correct 'tube fitting' threads. It has 7/16-24 threads.

Several other threads recommended a NAPA part number: WH 68X4. This part is a coupler that couples 1/4 nylon tube (with a ferrule) to a 1/8 NPT fitting.

I am assuming the first part is the correct one, as the current plug going into the top of the injectors looks more like that one.. but better to double check before I start taking things apart.

Jeff

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks