• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CJ10A Tug

Grantshire

How are you coming with your CJ10A project?

While this is my first post I have been lurking in the background here aver since I bought Spicer's M715 with the 6.2 diesel a couple of years ago. I am on the Zone, IFSJA, Scrambler and Commando sites as well. I have been following your posts on your CJ10A project but have not seen an update lately, how is the project progressing? I have a rust free 86 tug in mint condition and am in the planning stages of the project. Mine even has the on-board air system that hold 130 psi air pressure. The Nissan diesel runs like a top and only has 3,600 hours on it (24,000 miles) and I have another running SD33 from another tug as a backup/parts engine. As you know this diesel is not a powerhouse but it has an excellent reputation world-wide and will run forever. I have been exploring transmission options for the engine as this will be both a DD an occasional off-road vehicle, therefore, and overdrive transmission is a must (an automatic is preferred). Like many others I plan to make a pickup out of mine using an extended frame and short bed. I have FSJ Dana 44's for it and will go SOA so I can fit 35" tires.

Richard

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks