• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you want changed about GL?

ssgtwright-usmc

RE: Re: RE: Misc items of vehicle parts

You all know about Goverment contracts and what happens to these companies if the Goverment does not renew their contract. They go bankrupt and the Goverment wont bail them out like they are now doing with the Insurance companies and ect....
Look at ATA airlines, they had a contract with the Goverment to transport our troops to and back from our current Area of operations. The Goverment didnt renew ATA contract and ATA went backrupt and now is out of business for good.
I would love to see GL go out of business and a contract be given to ex-military personal who has his/her own business to operate such an operation.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoping this is the proper thread to sound off about "customer service". I sent customer service an email alerting them to what I thought were some serious listing issues, and this is the response I got several weeks later.

To: GL Info
Subject: listings for sale #3944

Two Questions:
1) Does no one do any "simple" verification of the listings? Pictures do not match desc. for lot #'s 867,868, and 869 in Richmond, VA. More than half the descriptions of vehicles in Frankfort, KY have the "wrong" year of manufacture listed, along with vin's that are wrong or simply incomplete. If they can't manage to simply "copy" numbers, don't list them at all. There would be less headaches on YOUR end if you simply list "year unknown". Also there are winch truck pics with cargo truck vin numbers. And if you DO actually have some 1989 thru 1993 M35A2's, I want to buy them ALL!! THERE WERE NO M35A2's manufactured after 1988!! Lot 6963 is a 5-ton truck, NOT an M35A2.

2) Now that I got that out of my system, can you please advise why so many Florida trucks and trailers and going to AL and MS for sales, and you no longer have any sales to speak of in Florida?

Here is their response:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your feedback allows us to improve our processes where possible.

Government Liquidation was recently awarded a new contract from the DRMS. As such, the inventory for each site may vary.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Management

Now can anyone explain to me what that response has to do with my questions????

Sumoman

I have nothing to say about GL. I get exactly what I expect from a company that has no competitors. I liken it to working for the government, sometimes there is a btter way but because they have always do it one way or they do not have to answer to anyone as long as the job is done they can continue to work as they always do.

So really it is our job to learn their system, make contacts with the GL personnel and be friendly. Heck drop off some donuts with your card a week prior to picking up your truck.. you might find your truck starts on first try:wink:

Reactions: NDT

Sumoman

I will add that for those of us who were or are in some cases still in the government we know the hoops that are jumped through on a daily basis. Sure it could be better, but if you think about it your not really paying a premium price why expect premium service?:p

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will add that for those of us who were or are in some cases still in the government we know the hoops that are jumped through on a daily basis. Sure it could be better, but if you think about it your not really paying a premium price why expect premium service?:p
I have to agree. You can buy a truck the govt paid $42k for (whether overpriced or not) for around $1500 knowing that if it's a decent runner you can sell it on eBay for $3k. Quit yer bitchin'

AN/ARC186

pctrans;338790 Now can anyone explain to me what that response has to do with my questions????[/quote said:
In order to maximize efficiency and minimize time we are scrutinizing the process, if that scrutiny yields a negative then we will investigate until a positive outcome is reached.........that better?:twisted:

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to say that Redstone and Robins AFB have all ways done a great job in helping me I did get the wrong trailer event numbers were differant lot number same they call me a month later to tell me that and ask if I could bring it back and get mind. I would like to see the FS97 picked up when you get your Truck.

ABN173

Sorry for the cut and paste but I really did not want to have type all this again...

DRMS Staff,

I am an active duty CW2 in the US Army, I recently bid and won a Government Liquidation auction (4080/ xxxx). I was recently transferred from FT Benning, GA to FT Lewis, WA. My problem is that GL is not accepting my EUC request since my driver's license address does not match my physical address as stated in my DLA form 1822.
I have been in the service for for over 20 years and it is fairly safe to say that 95% of the armed forces have out of state drivers licenses.

I went the extra mile and scanned a copy of my PCS/transfer orders along with my DOD ID Card, but I was told by GL that my orders only show that I am assigned to FT Lewis and it does not show where I live.....WoW

I have only been here for about two weeks so I do not have any bills here yet, in fact I live in government housing on McChord Air Force Base so there are not any utility bills at all.
Please understand that I am not complaining just for the sake of complaining something is wrong with this process that does not take into consideration those of us still serving on active duty.

I even went to the housing office on McChord AFB where I live to see if they could give me a memo or something on official letterhead and they said they are a privitized civilian agency and they do not have any official letter head. So I then went to JAG on FT Lewis to ask for a avidavit verifying where I live and they said they do not do that. So I again went to the FT Lewis Housing Office, and after much discussion they reluctantly gave me a letter on DOD letterhead that varifies where I live.

All this being said I am standing up a new UAV platoon for 1st Special Forces Group and I have work that needs to get done in that capacity rather than being distracted by this EUC request issue. We are at war remember? One team one fight right?

I hope you can assist me in this matter, I need this EUC as soon as possible as I was hit with unforeseen major car repairs and my family is without transportation.

I am attaching all documents that I have to hopefully we can resolve this matter. Oh I might add the credit card charge has already cleared my account so there is not any non-payment issue.

With Regards
Dale Campbell
CW2, AV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks