• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake system pliers

jimm1009

I thought I had all my little duckies in a row but realized that I had forgotten the pliers for the brake return springs. :roll:
Does anyone have a recommendation for these.
The automotive ones seem a little short (about 13 or 14 inches long) for these tough springs.
A brand name of pliers would be helpful from some of you more expeirenced brake mechanics. I've not checked with the rental section of Autozone yet but will when they open in the morning too.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
jimm1009@yahoo.com

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Brake system pliers

Recovry4x4 said:
Post marriage tools cost considerably less.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?item_ID=12365&group_ID=1676[/quote
I hear ya now! Now I go on the trucks and look at things and ask WHY are they so much now? The chrome peels, they bend and the oen ends spread..I have tools from the mid 60's that are mucho better than the new ones. Harbor frt tools look good to me now!

Jake0147

RE: Re: RE: Brake system pliers

I don't buy many tools at Harbor Freight (although I do have a couple with decent satisfaction), but more and more the "tool truck tools" can be found elsewhere, with a different name stamped into the handle, for a signifigant savings. Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart are the saddest place to find them but course lots of other places have something show up. I'll still buy stuff off of the tool truck if nobody else can offer what they can and of course if I need what they have that nobody else offers. Heck, I'll cringe but I'll even buy the "made in Taiwan" stamped tools from the snap on truck IF they're a proven to have something above and beyond the alternatives. but I have to say that equal and superior alternatives are getting easier and easier to find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks