• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Hardtop

snuffy

Does anybody know what, if any, modifications have to be made to my M37 windshield or cab in order to install the military hardtop? I know holes have to be drilled, but are there any parts that need removed or altered? :?:

Thanks
Mike Pilcher

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M37 is a 1951 & it came with a Hardtop - an early one of course. It had some wooden spacers & trim around the door windows. I recently replaced it with a later "60's" hard top. All the holes/fastening places were the same, and the door windows fit the newer top, perfectly. The new top used metal window sills - no wood.

Lee in Alaska

CGarbee

Re: RE: M37 Hardtop

On the top of the window frame there are two clips that are used to secure the canvas straps that keep the soft top from drooping, these will have to be cut off...
The modified CCKW top came with spacers to make it fit to the cab (if you have one of these, they are most likely attached to the cab so you won't realize that they were a seperate part of the kit), the later square window version was a better fit to the cab since it was designed for the application.

If you don't have the TM, when you dry fit the hardtop to your truck, it will be obvious what pieces need to be removed, etc.

Good luck.

snuffy

hardtop

Thanks for all the replies. I was concerned about those two loops. I'm not going to start cutting on the windshield to make the hardtop fit. So if anyone is interested in a hardtop to restore, I have one for sale. I favor canvas anyway.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Mike Pilcher

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks