• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any useful info about an M16A3 trailer and related specs???

ssgtwright-usmc

Bidding on a M16A3 trailer which I think I will win since the site has more trailers then I have fingers and toes.
Just like to get some basic info on this trailer such as carrying/towing weight, what accessories belong to such trailer and so on.
All of the pics I see on GL shows that they all have the tow hitch resting on the ground.
So I am guessing that these types of trailers do not come with a trailer jack. If they do, I guess the military must have taken them off for re-use.
Do they come with trailer jacks on not for the tonge.
Any info would be great.
Thanks again

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Any useful info about an M16A3 trailer and related specs

Are you referring to the M116A3 trailer? Would be a 3/4-ton trailer meant for gensets....

papercu

Nice! I believe the M number is a misprint but those are the new types of M116 trailers for the HMMWV. They have a landing leg, it is just folded up so it hard to see. They will go great with your CUCV. One is a 3/4t and one is a 1t but without looking at the book I don't remember which is which.I just looked at the rest, the number is wrong they have all listed as that number and some are cargo and flatbeds. Buy them all and bring them stateside. Wayne

ssgtwright-usmc

Most that I do see on GL are at the Marine Corps bases in Cali.
Im looking locally here in Hawaii and so far so good.
I thought something was wrong when they had it listed as a M16A3.
Being an ex Marine we are now using the M16A4 service rifle.
Maybe I see why the M16A3 service rifle didnt cath on, weighhs 3/4 to 1 ton and was trailer mounted.

ssgtwright-usmc

Well, the trailer I was bidding on (M116A3), 1 of 5 on GL website, I was outbidded on at the last minute.
Looked like no one was bidding on the 5 lots except for the one that (I) was bidding on.
Next time, what price should I place and what should I expect to pay at the end of the auction?
Now they have one M105A which I will go for and thats the last of the trailers in my location area.
Please let me know what to expect in price range so I dont get caught with my pants somewhat down like this past auction.
The starting price on the lots is $150

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks