• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank salvage yard in Iraq.

Tascabe

Lonesome715 - suppose I could convince you to pull some parts off the UAZs sitting there?

tow hooks, pintle - basic stuff that should be no problem with customs.

Are there a lot of UAZs sitting in that lot or just the one?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much is it to ship items from the sandbox to USA? I might be able to use a couple front shackle mounts off that junker deuce, they should fit in a flat rate box, but not sure if you guys can use that method of shipping.

Lonesome715

I use the USPS, but FedEx and DHL are also there.

As long and the box wieghs less than 70LBS and is smaller than I think 70 inches, I can send it home. I have already sent several different types of tow hooks and mounts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need the following items, if you can find them on any deuces there:

pair of front shackle mounts
good used PTO off a winch deuce
winch/PTO handle (sticks through floor of cab to engage winch)

also, if there are any junker M35A3s there in the yard (I doubt it, but who knows), I need a pair of rear springpak tiedown lunettes. They look like this:

Attachments

Lonesome715

I'll need a photo of eveything you need. I will not be back unitl next month but I will see what I can do. There is only one Deuce from what I can remember and it was pretty well stripped.

kcimb

Lonesome715 said:
I use the USPS, but FedEx and DHL are also there.

As long and the box wieghs less than 70LBS and is smaller than I think 70 inches, I can send it home. I have already sent several different types of tow hooks and mounts.
Don't they frown on sending home truck parts/large metal objects?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I shipped home quite a few things since they had days when you could go into DRMO and haul out anything you wanted from a huge lot of items in a roped off area. What I did was grab cases of items and when I went to post office I would give some to the postal Soldiers who never got free to go the give aways. They always liked to see me coming with boxes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks