• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New R2 Crash Truck

devilman96

I got a PM about a R2 near me today so I went and looked at it this afternoon... The truck plus a whole truck bed FULL of NOS M37 parts!!!

OD fever... it’s now mine!

I’ve been looking for a M37 for a long time to do a street’able conversion on but I figured that this chassis would work just as well being that in was only 5 miles away... and with the price of aluminum and steel recycling I should be able to get enough cash from the box and fire accessories to buy a new bed and cab to go on the frame!!!

I’ve got a spare set of 2.5 ton axles and talked Kenny out of his 6.5 he just bought for the project!!!... Now all I need is a tranny!!! Evil evil evil!!!

What do ya think?!?!?

HIT... READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING!!!!

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Scrapping the box and fire accessories is EVIL. :twisted: Trade the whole rig to someone else to restore in return for a restorable M-37. Once it's cut up in the scrap pile, it's gone forever.
BC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I'll have to put the 6.5 turbo out of my old pickup into the M880 now since the center mount turbo motor is going into the crash truck. Let me know when you are starting on it, just bought a new Ridgid cordless saw I'd like to try out. Shoot, I'm running out of turbo motors quick.

Jetnoise400

It would be absolutely criminal to cut that truck up. According to Cabell's website (link: http://www.gag.com/~cabell/photos13.htm), there were only 300 of those trucks made, and because of the materials the truck was made out of, many were scrapped or chopped up for the metal.

That is a rare vehicle that should go to someone that will restore it. There aren't a lot of those left, and fully restored they can easily fetch prices in the humvee range or more.

Please sell it to a collector and hack up a regular M-37. :(

devilman96

Nope... Come on guys... You were giving me the same slack about my M35A2 and how I shouldnt bob it!!! If it was a M37 it would be the same... God forbid I ever find a duck or V100, V250 or V200!!!

Ive looked for over 3 years now for a M37... Found ONE within 700 miles... Called the guy, made a deal after only seeing one pic and lost it 20 mins later while standing in the bank to send the wire to him...

Believe me... It will look a lot BETTER when Im done!!!! Besides...its just a over done M37 as is, right?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Theres TONS of M37's out there. Really dont change it. I would find you a M37 to save that one, I only know of one other crash truck for sale but theres probably 6 M37's on ebay right now and 1000 more other places.

citizensoldier

It should make a good swamp buggy with the sides cut off and some chains on the tires. .. the longer wheel base is good too.. That tower will have to go it sticks up to high.. Alluminum is up so you should do alright at the scrap yard..
A couple bench seats down each side in the back or some HUMMV troop seat.. Mud tires, air conditioning and a 4BT should make it better for hunting hogs in the summer... Rip the doors off too, they are a pain so you can jump in and out fast.. Orrrrr.. You could lower it and some 20" chromed rims with spinners, and a 350 chevy with pipes out each side and a air ram in the hood.. I have a better hood if you need it..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks