• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDN M135 under restoration

Boatcarpenter

I believe they are known as "knee action" shocks.
At least on old British iron that's what they were called.
The part attached to the frame has a hydraulic piston in it with a hole calibrated so the oil can only pass from one side to the other at a predetermined rate, thereby cushioning the action of the axle.
BC

Superdave

Thanks for the comments. This is where we are at as of 3 weeks worth of work and I hope to have the fenders and hood painted in the next week so we can start assembly of the truck.

APM215

I don't want to hijack this thread but can anyone tell me or post a pic of the correct side view mirrors for thees trucks? I have seen a lot of different configurations.

By the way the truck looks great!

nattieleather

It looks great! I miss my old M211....they ride better than the M35s do it just didn't have any road spead.....That and the exhust manifold...it's not a question of if you have to replace the gasket but a matter of when you have to replace the gasket. I knew one guy that told me he replaced his every fall if it needed it or not... :) But the truck is going to gether very nicely! Great work!

citizensoldier

Hi guys! Once again I would like to say awsome job and keep the pictures coming please. I am seriouse about looking for a hard top for mine if anyone has a leed on one.
I do have a couple questions about the PTO's on these trucks. I managed to save a PTO off a M215 and it is like new. Is this the same PTO found on a winch version of the M211/M135? Anyone have a winch shaft or the shift linkage for sale? I picked up my first version of these trucks this summer. And I am starting to realy like it. It is known in my fam as "The Green Pig" this is what the soldiers painted on both sides of the cowl... LOL..
Also with my wife being Korean I tell her this truck helped save your Peeps! So she let me keep it.. LOL again..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks