• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a front deuce spring set to bobb my deuce

miltruckman

I am planning to Bobb my deuce,

I have a donor M105 trailer for the bed but still need a front deuce spring set for the rear of my truck.

I would like a set in good condition, not one that is all tired and sagged out.

Anyone who has (and wants to sell) a front deuce spring set, hangers, u-bolts, and the top shock mounts from the frame please PM me with a price to a business address in the 48457 Zip code.

I could even pick them up if not to far away.

Thanks,

Bill
Michigan

eagleridge

A friend of mine is scrapping out over 30 deuces he has got springs,rearends ,bodyparts,engines transmissions, boxs,heaters, i guess you name it.........my cell 402 992 0583 nebraska

Jakob

I've got a question as far as spring sets go, could 1-ton pickup springs work in the rear? I have 2 brand new sets (old 4x4 project) in my garage.

55Cameo

Sure, set one on top of the other and weld them together then bolt them on. :shock: Just kidding, the springs on a Deuce are a lot heavier than a 1 ton spring. I think that you would have a hard time keeping it on the road, it would be a little 'squishy' in the rear and would not hold up very good.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recent posts show a bobbed deuce weighs in at around 10000 lbs.

eagleridge

Sorry guys ,I meant to say my friend is parting out over 30 deuces and 109s. He is usualy very reasonable on his prices............Thanks

hrh_96

mlwats,

I'm looking for a set springs and shackles. I was thinking of using some from a M105 trailer, but can't tell if anyone has used them to bob a deuce.

Do you have any front springs and shackles that you can ship? Post or PM me with the details if you get a chance.

Cheers,

hrh_96

Is there an echo?:roll: I'd love to use the 105 hardware, I've got all of that already. My confidence level is low as I've not really heard of anyone using the 105 springs/shackles.

Capt.Marion

Is there an echo?:roll: I'd love to use the 105 hardware, I've got all of that already. My confidence level is low as I've not really heard of anyone using the 105 springs/shackles.
Lots of people have used them. I can't name any off the top of my head, but go back 3 or 4 pages in this section, or try and search for bob deuce and 105 springs...

DUECE-COUPE

for the best out come, use a set of deuce springs and mounts. you don't need to add blocks to level out your truck and if you use a front drive shaft in the back, you get a 122 wheel base, plus, if you break your drive shaft you can move the fron to the back to get you home.

cavemantrucks

springs

you can use the springs from the trailer just call boyce and get a set of spring hangers they sell them.if you need to know more send me a message and i will get back to you.

hrh_96

Duece-Coupe, where does the 122" wheelbase fall when trying to center the axle in the wheelwell of a M105 trailer bed? I like the idea of using the front shaft.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your friend still have springs and axle hangers available?
This is a 10 year old thread they are most likely long gong .
There is a "parts wanted' section in the classified that is free to use . that is he correct place for parts wanted instead of cross posting a bunch of old threads.

[h=2]Parts wanted[/h]
Classifieds for parts wanted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks