• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved or not......

EdMontana

At least new for me, sent out two EUC forms last week and was waiting for them to come back approved and for the e-mail asking me for the funds as I always wire the funds instead charging the card on file.

Well, today I got one, and only one e-mail saying that my account was going to be suspended and I had to pay a default of $1,500 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now YOU pay BEFORE EUC approval..... why this new rule did not get some advertisement in the GL web site front page or at log in? or may be some e-mails to customers???

I bet lots of folks that don't pay using a CC will be penalized with a default fee and account suspension just for lack of information like myself.

When I first saw the e-mail was too late here (east) to wire the funds, so I had to go to the live chat and after some looong back and forward they agreed to take my plastic.

The CC info I have on GL files as a daily limit so I had to give another card to pay off, still...I few hours later I would be big time screwed in $1,500 :x

Robin ,if you read this......make sure to tell who ever changed the rule
that a big announcement of the new rules should take effect in a BIG scale before going crazy taking default money from members...I just hope that was an unintentional mistake.

Now, question...once I have my PAID invoice I could go and retrieve my property....how they will know that the EUC still pending????

Ed

wsucougarx

RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved oo not......

Yah, It started 01SEP I believe. That's how they play now. They sent out emails in August about the new change. Pay first then get approved. Probably cuts down on the # of defaults out there. You won't get your paid in full invoice until your EUC is approved even though technicially you've paid your items in full

EdMontana

Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved oo not......

wsucougarx said:
Yah, It started 01SEP I believe. That's how they play now. They sent out emails in August about the new change. Pay first then get approved. Probably cuts down on the # of defaults out there. You won't get your paid in full invoice until your EUC is approved even though technicially you've paid your items in full
Let me understand, You pay but get no receipt at all?.....guess will be paying with CC only for now on......at least I can always charge it back if needed.

Anyway, they make the rules and maybe the rules make sense....what I don't agree is that they expect that everyone will read the mile long agreement every time we deal with them?

A simple e-mail or banner in their site about the NEW RULE would be enough to avoid problems.....

wsucougarx

RE: Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved oo not.....

Yes that's correct no receipt however when you do do into the sale section of your profile it does show the that funds have been approved but that's it. Definately would use a credit card

LibertyDeuce

Is GL going to reimburse me for the interest on my credit card charge between the time I pay for the item and the EUC clears. Could I also get apiece of the interest they're going to make on my money when they charge my credit card and EUC approval. At least they could do is waive the SF97 fee!!!!

aua :evil: aua :evil:

ssgtwright-usmc

Well, could be worse! They could charge a standard fee of $150 or more just to be able to particapate in a GL auction. You dont win, you dont get your money refunded back till God knows when.
Kinda like our local auctions, must pay $100 by credit card just to be able to bid on the items that are up for auction, if you dont win, then they reverse the charges a month later.

ssgtwright-usmc

Just thought about something.
What would happen if GL started to ask for a deposit to bid on an auction?
Lets say you wanted to bid on lets say 5 lots .Now you have to pay $150 for each lot to participate in.
Thats what, $750. You win 1 lot at lets say $300.
Now you cant pay in full because GL has the other $600 tied up before they will reverse charges on the lots you didnt win.
God forbids if GL starts asking for a (Good faith) deposit to be able to bid!!!!
I hope and pray this wont happen but I have a feeling its going to happen more sooner then later.

sprucemt

And now don't forget. They now have 30 days from payment to produce the goods. That would be State and Federal law.

EdMontana

Re: RE: Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved oo not.

wsucougarx said:
Yes that's correct no receipt however when you do do into the sale section of your profile it does show the that funds have been approved but that's it. Definately would use a credit card
Well, I got the PAID invoice in the very next day from payment.....I assume that my EUC was approved in 5 days and I am OK to pick the trucks up......that was a record time for the EUC approval, I was experiencing 12 days before.

madsam

sprucemt said:
And now don't forget. They now have 30 days from payment to produce the goods. That would be State and Federal law.
Yea, how are they going to deal with those legal issues? My first EUC took over 60 days.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

madsam said:
sprucemt said:
Yea, how are they going to deal with those legal issues? My first EUC took over 60 days.
They aren't going to deal with those issues and until someone sues them, they won't.

StreetbikeDepot

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved oo

I had no clue of the new policy to pay first. I've been watching my EUC status daily, and then I try to log in just ot find out that my account is suspended!!!! And now they don't want to do anyting except charge me for a renig fee to get my account open...oh yea, I lost the trucks too. I offered to pay the whole amount on the trucks and they wouldnt take it....not even 24 hrs after they closed my account (on the sixth day)! We have emailed back and forth and they are totally unwilling to work with me.....I have a perfect record with them, bought many trucks, and I'm trying to pay for the lots....they won't take my money. Its rediculous. They have me over a bucket because I have SF97 requests to make, guess I'm going to have to swallow that one and pay the fee.....$500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kurtkds

I called my local GL guy and what he told me was that by having to pay first it gives everybody the "incentive" to get their paperwork done so that the item gets out of the system faster and that the invoice won't have the PAID stamp on it till the EUC is approved from BC. My latest win had the money taken within a couple of days and the day after I filled out the EUC it was off to BC.

THEROAD

Gee guys what's the problem. GL banged the credit card and I got my first EUC in 13 days and my second in 4 days. Does not seem like a problem to me. Interest on a couple of days? Come on GL is getting the EUC's out fast stop so stop bellyaching.

dittle

13 days is not the norm. My first EUC took over a month to get.

ssgtwright-usmc

Stop bashing GL!!!
I think GL is 50/50 in service. They have great people working their and then we have the bad apples.
Seems like we are always complaining about the bad job that the bad apples have done and not really given credit to the good apples of GL.
Yes, it would be great if GL had its own security on base so that members of the armed service dont steal items off of the vehicles that we just won.
Id like to hear of some of the good service that GL has performed such as (Joe the Plumber the GL Guy) just went out of his way to help me start and load my vehicle even thou he was short handed trying to deal with other job related issues!!!!!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
People are bashing GL because, as a company, they suck. More people have gotten shafted by them than had good experiences. For every one good experience I've had, I've multiple bad experiences. They have no clue what they are doing and, if they did not have a monopoly, they would be out of business. There are plenty of good experiences out there. However, when you think of it, THAT IS HOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TREATED! They don't get a gold star next to their name for doing what they are supposed to do. They get a gold star for doing something above and beyond. With that said, they get bashed when they screw us...and many of us can't sit down right now. If you have not gotten screwed, you just haven't dealt with them enough.

halftrack

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC approved

ssgtwright-usmc said:
Stop bashing GL!!!
I think GL is 50/50 in service.!!!!
And to me 50/50 sucks. Sucks, Sucks, Sucks. I hope you don't consider that a good buisness record. Would you keep going back to a hamburger joint when they screw your order up half the time. I doubt it. However, I bet you would if they were the only hamburger place in town. That being said, I have run into some good people at certain locations when picking up a truck.

dittle

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC appr

My post was not intended as a bashing of GL. I thought for a first time purchase it went pretty well. My EUC was back before the advertised time frame of 45 - 60 days and the people on livehelp (Meredith, Joanna, etc.) were very helpful at answering my questions.

ssgtwright-usmc

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New GL rule, PAY first! EUC appr

Wasnt trying to say that GL has on it staff 50/50 good people and bad.
Just saying that its the bad apples that we always hear about and never the good ones.
Seems like the bad allways overcomes the ones who actually do take pride in thier work.
If GL was a company who hired 50% bad and 50% good people then it wouldn't be called GL anymore.
It would be called (YING/YANG Liquidation and meditation)!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks