• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, now I have another big 939-series project on my hands. This is why the M931A1 tractor is being sold so quickly. This project is even bigger than the 923A2 from last year, but it's what I have always wanted. It was a great price too. I had a local guy pick it up from Portsmouth on his tandem roll-back and haul it John Winslow's place. John is going to do some of the big stuff for me like a bed swap, front clip install, tire swapping, sand-blasting, etc... I get to do all the fun stuff like engine assembly, wiring, CTIS, blah, blah, blah. I have a line on a parts truck with a hard top, front clip, a good bed, windshield, gauge cluster, and some other odds and ends. I think my first project will be getting some decent rubber on it so we can roll it around.

Yes, it is another SeaBee truck. I seem to attract them ;) To some of you, it will appear to be a residue truck, but trust me, it will be beautiful!

The SeaBees had modified it to a flatbed by yanking the bedsides/tailgate and then spraying it with OD Line-X. The bed is rusty so it must go. That goofy hitch plate on the back has to go too. That will be fun with the gas-axe and the grinder!!

Be prepared for another huge thread like my M923A2 story with tons of pics and rebuild info. Here are some to get you started.

Big thanks go out to my buddy Ben Blythe for hauling it to NC for me!!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Seabees logo on the mudflaps is awesome. Whats the diff between this one and the 923? GA rally is in 2 wks

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. I've seen worse brought back to life....but not much worse. However, we are confident enough in your abilities to know that it will be restored by Aberdeen next year for the ECC.

Very cool!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

Recovry4x4 said:
The Seabees logo on the mudflaps is awesome. Whats the diff between this one and the 923? GA rally is in 2 wks
M923 is basic cargo wo/w version. M925 is same thing w/w.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

maddawg308 said:
Recovry4x4 said:
M923 is basic cargo wo/w version. M925 is same thing w/w.
Bingo! Get that man a cupie doll!

It's definitely not making the GA rally :lol:

The 2009 ECC is a definite possibility though. I have a few months head start on my 923A2 project so I should good!!

tsmall07

RE: Re: RE: My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that! :shock: That thing looks like it will be very sweet, though.

No.2Diesel

Now thats a project to sink your teeth into. Its got beef ! Good Luck!

Its funny that you mentioned the spray on bed liner; Our Airforce 923 has a very rough textured spray on bed liner on the bed floor and inside surface of the dropsides. Its battleship grey and is much thicker and rougher than a LineX or a Rhino job. I was wondering of this was a Mil or Civ addition?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Yep, this bed liner material is really thick and rough too. It's the first time I have seen it on a surplus truck. It's too bad the bed is such a crusty mess or I would keep it.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
E22, glad I snatched one when I could.

WM, LOL, I don't think so. If anything, I would drop in one of the newer 6-spd Allison behind a Cummins ISX 450 :D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe I'll make it with this one, Stan. I never had the chance with the M923A2.

powerhouse, yep, we definitely like the bigguns, C'dub, and Rattlehead, and No.2 too :)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mark, Chris:
This is what I have been saying all along the 900 series are being retained. All 800 and below are being released but the 900 and above are being kept because we found out we do not have enough trucks for the future. This is a huge project too bad the little guy is still a bit too little to learn from dad on the way to get R done.

God bless you on this it is a big project and from what I see big $$$ to get it up.

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good lookin' truck, lots of potential!! I like the cab shots - wanna trade some electrical work for some M37 front-end rebuild help? 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks