• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

Cdub

Hi Chris,

You sneaky dog you, I couldn’t figure out what or why you were selling the tractor so quickly but now I can see why.

This M925a2 is going to be a huge undertaking that will be full of surprises. I’m always up for a good challenge myself. This will definitely be worth all your efforts in the end I’m sure….!!

As a M925a1 owner myself. I’m already getting ideas of what needs to be done and the parts that need to be found……I guess it kinda runs in the blood once you’ve owned one. I’m already getting excited about seeing it all come together.

Just be prepared for all the ebay links and contact info I’m going to send ya when ever I see some M939a2 stuff up for sale……..Hahahaha……It’s just my little way of trying to help ya out and get it together.

Best of Luck,

C’dub

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oldvw2 said:
Good lookin' truck, lots of potential!! I like the cab shots - wanna trade some electrical work for some M37 front-end rebuild help? 8)
Deal!! If you can help put Humpty together again I will gladly grease some wheel bearings and change some knuckle boots!

Cdub, thanks buddy! I always look forward to your emails ;)

scooter01922

WOW, that looks like one heck of a project. Good thing you got this place for moral support :) Now get to work....i want to see it better than new at aberdeen next spring so i can drool all over it :drool: :drool: :drool: :lol:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Craig, you are a heck of a guy. You always know just what to get me :D I'll take it. Thanks!

Scott, this place is definitely my big OD truck support group. It's what kept me going during that big project last year.

PC, it's ugly too. It wouldn't be a bad truck if it weren't missing the engine/transmission and half of the front end ;)

DMgunn

This has my attention......... Haven't had a lot of time to spend here lately, but looks like I'll need to make a shift in priorities.....I love it already!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure this residue parked in the yard sits well with Amber. At least she should have confidence in your ability after the last resurrection.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Bjorn,
I'll be doing this resto cranetruck-style, one piece at a time for best results. The bed and tub are coming off. All wiring, drive-train, and air lines will be gone through while the chassis is exposed. Then, the whole chassis is getting steam-cleaned, spot blasted, primed, and painted. Finally, the bed and cab will get painted inside/out and reinstalled.

Speaking of parts, I am in need of the following:
-Fuel burning heater and control box
-A2 fan shroud
-power-steering cooler
-adapter that goes between the winch motor and the winch

Thanks!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
steelsoldiers said:
Thanks Bjorn,
I'll be doing this resto cranetruck-style, one piece at a time for best results. The bed and tub are coming off. All wiring, drive-train, and air lines will be gone through while the chassis is exposed. Then, the whole chassis is getting steam-cleaned, spot blasted, primed, and painted. Finally, the bed and cab will get painted inside/out and reinstalled.

Speaking of parts, I am in need of the following:
-Fuel burning heater and control box
-A2 fan shroud
-power-steering cooler
-adapter that goes between the winch motor and the winch

Thanks!!
:)
Every detail turns into a project, kind of like it that way.

I have 6 ea steering knuckle boots for the M925, new, without the zipper, bought them as unidentified, but can't use them, of course. PM me if interested. Also bigger stuff, like a battery box, which was located under the passenger seat of the truck...

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys. I'm hoping to get down there for a while tomorrow so I can assess the situation and make a shopping list. It's going to be a big list :D I'll start stripping it down to the frame as soon as I can round up my parts truck. I need to get some tires on it so I can at least roll it around a little to work on it. That will make it easier to work underneath without banging my head too!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Broken Winch Motor Adapter

Some ham-fisted GI ran over something big with the 925A2. It broke the brake housing on the front of the winch as well as the cast adapter that goes between the winch and the hydraulic motor. I have a replacement winch for the truck, but can't seem to locate an adapter. Has anyone seen any around in your salvage yard shopping trips? I hate to even ask Memphis or CSI what they want for a new one.

The pictures are on my work computer so I'll post some tomorrow. Thanks!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Broken Winch Motor Adapter

Hey Chris, I was at Oilcan's yesterday, and he has a pretty nice 900 series radiator support/grill. He is here getting ready for the Ga rally. He will send pics when he gets home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks