• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Broken Winch Motor Adapter

The radiator mount is still in the truck I bought. I found out the hard way with my 923A2 project that the A0/A1 mounts are different from the A2 mounts. I have a spare A0/A1 mount in my yard if anyone needs it. The grill I might be able to use. I also need a power-steering cooler if anyone has one of those around.

mhodges

RE: Broken Winch Motor Adapter

Congrats Chris! Why don't you just walk over to the Armory- they have a bunch of 939 series trucks- their in great shape too~! haha... Is the motor bracket on the winch a typical motor mount? Do you have a part no on the motor, winch or bracket? I can prolly give you a supplier that carries it.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Macon! Yep, the guard base has some clean looking 939-series truck now. I wish I knew someone who worked there so I could go poke around the lot.

Here's the diagram and numbers from the TM. My winch motor seems to be OK, but the hoses were snapped off so I may have to extract some broken brass fittings from it. The mounting bracket is busted nicely!

I also need the winch control valve that mounts on the frame below the cab if anyone has one.

Attachments

TedG

Chris,
I have some big fan shrouds and big intake pipes, send me the nsn/part# and I will check to see if they are 900 series...they are nos.

Nice project btw!

Jetnoise400

Chris,

That looks like one project you can really sink your teeth into! Congrats!!! I just hauled my latest project home (HMMWV), so I'm sharing with you in the new project euphoria! :D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Ted. I do need an A2 fan shroud. I have an intake stack handy. I would love to have a brand new one, but the shipping would stink.

Thanks to you too Sean. Sound like you have your hands full with your HMMWV project. Good luck! I'm sure you and Ted will best friends.

Attachments

TedG

Me thinks I have that. If I do, then shipping is simple with the 2 pieces! I will use the picture as reference but NSN is best...

Edit: I just realized it is at the bottom of the page :oops:

davidkroberts

wow.... what a project wish you lived closer i would bring a cooler and come help. I enjoy the wrenching as much as the driving. Good luck and im fully expecting updates with pics

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks David. If you ever get the hankering to load the Mog up with a cooler and tools, just let me know. It would be a heck of a trip, that's for sure! :)

Don't worry, this thread will be chock full of pics, info, and updates just like the last one!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No work seesions yet, but I have been accumulating more parts. The mailman dropped off a rather bulky package for me today. It contained a fuel-burning heater and control box that was purchased from a SS member/friend. I may not have a running truck, but I have a sweet heater to go in it!! :-D

I haven't had a chance to go tinker since I dropped the truck off at John's and it's killing me. This weekend is no good since I will be at the WVU/Cincinnati game in Morgantown. I am hoping to get down there sometime next week. I need to troubleshoot the engine to see what parts I need for it, if it's salvageable. I am hoping to get it to turn over with a wrench. If it does, then I will hook a starter up to slave cable and see if it will build oil pressure.

Hopefully I'll have some good news to post next week. In the meantime, I'll be buying more parts!!

halftrack

Chris, or Bruce, or Whoever,

The ether injection point on the side of the 8.3 motor, is there a check valve in that fitting? Does the ether line need to be hook up at all times? When I was running my motor, I realized it was not hooked up (because I dont have one, the line is missing from the ether can to the block) but the motor ran fine and fluid was not coming out of the fitting. Could it just be plug off for the time being???

Sorry for using your thread for the info Chris so I will ask a related question. Are you going to work on your truck this weekend?? These parts are wanting a home.

Attachments

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris, or Bruce, or Whoever,

The ether injection point on the side of the 8.3 motor, is there a check valve in that fitting? Does the ether line need to be hook up at all times? When I was running my motor, I realized it was not hooked up (because I dont have one, the line is missing from the ether can to the block) but the motor ran fine and fluid was not coming out of the fitting. Could it just be plug off for the time being???

Sorry for using your thread for the info Chris so I will ask a related question. Are you going to work on your truck this weekend?? These parts are wanting a home.
The ether atomizer nozzle is mounted in the intake plenum. I would imagine there is a one-way check valve in the nozzle. If there isn't, then you will lose a small amount of boost pressure out of the orifice when the turbo is producing boost, but nothing more. You should be able to feel any air escaping with the engine revved up.

As for my truck, no I am not working on it this weekend as I'll be in WV visiting my in-laws. I plan on getting down there to work on the engine next Wednesday or at the latest, next Saturday. I'll email you a want list soon:-D

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
People are getting hungry for 939A2 trucks I guess. I was bidding on 2 residue trucks today to get some parts like the hardtop and the windshield assembly. Both trucks went for more than the cost of my whole truck! With scrap prices dropping so badly, I can only guess someone was buying 2 trucks to make one. Otherwise, you would have to sell a lot of parts off of them to get your money back. Good luck to whomever got them.

Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for parts.

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=6914&lotNumber=2250&picNumber=1 $2140

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=6914&lotNumber=2251&picNumber=1 $2060

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The 928A1 definitely had potential though. http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3703&lotNumber=7673&picNumber=1 It closed at $6811. You could put $4000 in it and still come out OK. You don't see too many LWB trucks w/w.

These 923A2 trucks on there other hand were really stripped. Neither truck had a tranny or engine. The one had an incomplete front end, which was missing the hard to find CTIS spindles/hubs. The other was missing the front end altogether and the rears were incomplete.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I need to put a few more parts on my wish list :-D They can be take-off or new.

939A2 dash cluster, with gauges preferably
939 soft top front rail that bolts to the windshield
939 soft top bows and support rods
939 Mirror Kit

Thanks for any help!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks