• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My BIG M925A2 Project Truck Is Home

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your windshield has finally made it to C Garbee`s. Hope you can use it .
Thanks Neil. I am sure it can be put to good use. I appreciate you delivering it to Cabell.

Thanks for the update.

I know the feelings of saying goodbye to "an old friend". You've been through alot together, and breathed new life into that OD Iron. You have again proven and presented the essence of being a STEEL SOLDIER.

Hope all 3 parties in this threesome are benefitting from the SWAP. If we could be nosey.... What all is changing hands??

BEst regards and a SALUTE for a job well done :!:
Well, if you must pry ;-), I am sending the 925A2 to David aka 19kilo in AZ and he is sending his M46 RV to Rick in TX who is sending his M998 HMMWV to me in WV. We are all ready to make the trade happen. It's just a matter of figuring out the transportation. I will miss the 5-ton, but I will be very happy working in my warm garage this winter on the 998 instead of in my winter coveralls in the middle of Winslow's field in the blowing snow :lol:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Well, if you must pry ;-), I am sending the 925A2 to David aka 19kilo in AZ and he is sending his M46 RV to Rick in TX who is sending his M998 HMMWV to me in WV. We are all ready to make the trade happen. It's just a matter of figuring out the transportation. I will miss the 5-ton, but I will be very happy working in my warm garage this winter on the 998 instead of in my winter coveralls in the middle of Winslow's field in the blowing snow :lol:
That sounds like a fun trade. After working on 5-ton trucks for a while, I bet it'll be surprising just how light those big wheels on the HMMWV will seem!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Neil. I am sure it can be put to good use. I appreciate you delivering it to Cabell.

Chris,
I guess like so many folks in this economy and in their "declining years" <snicker> they DOWNSIZE as they prepare for "retirement".

Enjoy the HMMVV and don't forget.....

nopics

rofl

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That sounds like a fun trade. After working on 5-ton trucks for a while, I bet it'll be surprising just how light those big wheels on the HMMWV will seem!
No doubt. I'll be tossing those 37" tires like frisbees :) I got to manhandle some of those 14.00R20's on the rim on Wednesday and it was not fun, especially when they were laying flat on the ground and had to be stood up.

Chris,
I guess like so many folks in this economy and in their "declining years" <snicker> they DOWNSIZE as they prepare for "retirement".
I'm nowhere near ready to "retire" from the big trucks, but a little hiatus is in order until I can find/afford a plot of land to stick a big building on.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, by the way, if anybody is looking for a 939-series truck in or around NC, John Winslow has 2 for sale. He has a nice M931 tractor with Goodyear 11.00R20's and a clean M925A2 with a NIB cargo cover with all fiberglass bows/seats. PM me for details.

halftrack

Do the A2s have lockers in the rears? Is it based on what branch of service they came out of?

Jason
I am not aware of any A2s with lockers in the rear. The Marines are usually the ones putting lockers on their trucks. That being said, the Marines never used the A2 variant so I think you would be hard pressed to find a A2 with a locker.

However, the Navy procured a few A2s and I know they had a habit of following suit with the Marines in putting lockers on the trucks. The best chance would be a Navey A2 truck. I am sure Bruce and or Chris can comment further on this.

humble1

I love this site because I learn something every day. I just assumed (and we all know what happens when you assume) that the later models would have lockers in them because that seems like a natural thing for an offroad truck to have. I do have to say though that the military is very frustrating. They can't seem to make the exact combination of vehical I want. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks