• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M936A2 project (update)

halftrack

My new M936A2 project (brakes locking up)

With all this talk of 900's I felt left out of the conversation. Sorry if I am stealing some thunder Chris. I'll make it up to you in parts. I am starting this thread to show tha progression of my new wrecker. 900's are awesome. The photos are a couple of months old and progress has already been made which included buying a spare motor for parts.

I found the drivers door in the bed of the truck next to it. All the tires held air too.

It topped over 40k pounds at the scales.

By the way, most of the tools were still in the tool compartments.

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: My new M936A2 project

Cool save! I think you have the newest wrecker here! Two questions, though:

1. What's it like having money?

and

2. What process is required to be added to your will?

rofl

M1075

Holy cow, that is a sweet wrecker. :drool: The only nicer/newer one I have seen was BKubu's M936A2.

halftrack

Re: RE: My new M936A2 project

maddawg308 said:

and

rofl
Answer to first question. I wouldn't know. I don't have much. The bank that gave me a loan for it is called a credit card which I am still paying off. Sold 3 800 trucks to get this one (including my wrecker which 54reo now owns.).

Answer to second question. You need to fight it out with the wife.

powerhouseduece

maddawg308 said:

and

rofl
first you have to submit you EUC than wait.....

sweet wrecker

halftrack

Also, I truly believe this truck snuck by a lot of folks. It was added to a GL auction a day before the auction started. it was also mislabled as a "M926A2" wrecker and didn't come up on any search. Found it by mistake and took an azz chewing from the wife because I (I mean we) had no "up front" money for it. It went way cheaper than I thought it would bring. it went under the radar I believe.

sak00

My question is "How does a newer truck get in that kind of condition?" Not to offend anybody, because I would love to park one of those in my driveway too. Congrats, i too am drooling down my shirt.

scooter01922

RE: Re: RE: My new M936A2 project

nice score man, i'm sure it will look even nicer once done than that sweet wrecker you had before. BTW, why is it that anytime i see a SS member score a 900 series anything there are no freakin headlights??

halftrack

sak00 said:
My question is "How does a newer truck get in that kind of condition?" Not to offend anybody, because I would love to park one of those in my driveway too. Congrats, i too am drooling down my shirt.
One phrase for that: Its calledn "National Guard" thats how. i found candy wrappers stuffed in the radiator resvoir and air filter. Typical don't give a s h i t attituide in some guard units. "Not mine, I don't care."

sak00

I know when I was in the Air Force, everything had to be inspected and repaired when needed. Even the decorative rocks outside the squadron building got a new coat of paint. Whether it needed it or not.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

It's about time you started a progress thread! :) I'm glad you got some decent tires in the deal. Mine wouldn't hold air on a bet. I think the truck was drug around with them flat.

That's going to be a beautiful truck. Bet you can't wait until you get it running! Oh, and we need more pics!! :D

kcimb

40k? Heavy truck. Biiiig truck.

Seems to be a lot of 900s on here of late. Halftrack, you are going to be using this to tow your halftrack around?

kcimb

Re: RE: Re: RE: My new M936A2 project

halftrack said:
kcimb said:
40k? Heavy truck. Biiiig truck.

Seems to be a lot of 900s on here of late. Halftrack, you are going to be using this to tow your halftrack around?
Thats the plan.
Why are the headlights missing on every 900 that comes into SS hands? Weird.

If I ever find the 900 headlight gremlins....

madsam

Thats a nice truck. Where did it come from? Mississippi? By the rust, I would guess that.

My rusty one came from there.

halftrack

madsam said:
Thats a nice truck. Where did it come from? Mississippi? By the rust, I would guess that.

Alabama, however, it original came from Aberdeen, MD it was part of the Armys Motor Maintence School.

powerhouseduece

halftrack said:
madsam said:

Alabama, however, it original came from Aberdeen, MD it was part of the Armys Motor Maintence School.
DANG IT!!!!!!!! thats cool a ss member got it insted of the "scrap guys" got it. i wonder how much it would have went for in maryland? maybe double what you paid for it. also i would have never thought that the MDNG would do that to that truck. but o well

ida34

sak00 said:
The first 900 series were first delivered in the middle 80's. I drove them during my time in from 1989-1993. Newer yes but far from new. I was appalled by the condition of my deuce when I picked it up. It was in good mechanical shape but there was a lot of surface rust. It really needed paint bad. We would not have allowed a vehicle like it in our motor pool. It may have to do with NG or Reserve instead of Regular Army.

halftrack

Here is some more pictures from this evening. I lucked out in the fact that the cab wasn't cannibalized to a severe degree. Here it is back together with stainless fastners now. Also the air compressor/power steering pump was robbed but now have been replaced.

Also shown is the spare motor I have in the can.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks