• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MILITARY VEHICLE TIRES WE HOPE TO BE OF ASSISTANCE TO ANYONE

johncb1529

Hi all, my dad and I are very happy to become a member of this forum.My dad is a vietnam veteran and loves to talk about military guns,vehicles and other military machines.Very cool site...

My dad and i also own a military,construction and commercial tire business..We have several different military tires...for example:

37x12.50R-16 GOODYEAR WRANGLER MT, 8 PLY 75% TREAD QTY 12
11.00 R-20 GOODYEAR G177,LUG 16PLY TUBETYPE 95% TREAD, QTY 150
11.00 R-20 GOODYEAR G286,ALL-TERRIAN 16 PLY 95% TREAD, QTY 25
395/85R-20 MICHELIN XML, LUG TUBELESS 14 PLY 80% TREAD, QTY 8
14.00 R-20 GOODYEAR AT-ZA,LUG TBLS 20 PLY 90% TREAD, QTY 12
14.00 R-20 MICHELIN XL, LUG TUBELESS 20 PLY 85% TREAD, QTY 6
16.00 R-20 MICHELIN XL,LUG TBLS AND TT, 28 PLY 98% TREAD, QTY 75

We have several other sizes ranging from 17.5 - 25 to 29.5 - 29

We will be happy to E-mail you pictures of tires...

we hope to be of assistance and maybe save you some money on the way.

My dad is terrible on a computer so i will be doing all of the typing for sure.He will answer any questions you have about our military tires or other questions about guns or any related topics...He is very sharp with guns and loves to talk about them...

I hope this is not out of line for this web-site and for our first post..we are very excited about meeting other people that appreciate what we do... HAVE A GREAT DAY

Thanks,

Jimmy and John Barnett

[/b]

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: MILITARY VEHICLE TIRES WE HOPE TO BE OF ASSISTANCE TO AN

I want some! Prices would help. Can you bring to the Ga rally?

M1075

RE: MILITARY VEHICLE TIRES WE HOPE TO BE OF ASSISTANCE TO AN

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You should be able to do well selling those 11R20s. Check you ply rating on those 14R20 and 16R20. Should be 18 and 22, respectively.

johncb1529

Re: MILITARY VEHICLE TIRES WE HOPE TO BE OF ASSISTANCE TO AN

Thanks for your reply:

PRICES: ARE FOR ONE TIRE

37 x 12.50 R-16 $90

395/85 R-20 $200

11.00 R-20 $175 TO $200

14.00 R-20 $220

16,00 R-20 $350

We are located in Nettleton, Mississippi...(90 miles southeast of Memphis, Tn....40 miles west of Hamilton, Al.)....We can try to find you a back haul and save you some money on freight...what is your city and zip.....

Thanks,

Jimmy and John Barnett

johncb1529

Re: RE: MILITARY VEHICLE TIRES WE HOPE TO BE OF ASSISTANCE T

Hey Michael,sorry we just sell the tire...We are located 20 miles from fulton, ms pretty close to you. thanks, john

johncb1529

sorry i misread your question when and where is the Ga. rally. thanks, john

johncb1529

Re: TIRES

yes this is but we are still working on our website....I think jimmy has talked to you a couple of times?

johncb1529

M1075 said:
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You should be able to do well selling those 11R20s. Check you ply rating on those 14R20 and 16R20. Should be 18 and 22, respectively.
Hey, we have been selling these tires for a long time all of these 14.00R-20 are 20 ply and the 16.00 R-20 are 28 ply...these are just a heavier ply tire....no harm appreciate the question... have a good day john

M1075

johncb1529 said:
M1075 said:
Hey, we have been selling these tires for a long time all of these 14.00R-20 are 20 ply and the 16.00 R-20 are 28 ply...these are just a heavier ply tire....no harm appreciate the question... have a good day john
Just because you have been selling them that way for a long time, doesn't mean your are right. Sounds like you have been misleading buyers for a long time. Just because it is load range M, doesn't mean it is 28 ply. Load Range J is 18 ply and Load Range M is 22 ply. If you need any more help, just ask. A lot of good people on here. Glad to have you. :wink:

Cdub

johncb1529 said:
Thanks for your reply:

14.00 R-20 $220

Jimmy and John Barnett

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow......you prices seem to be way out of line of what the market is asking.........and they're only 85% tread life.................???

C'dub

johncb1529

M1075 said:
johncb1529 said:
M1075 said:
Just because you have been selling them that way for a long time, doesn't mean your are right. Sounds like you have been misleading buyers for a long time. Just because it is load range M, doesn't mean it is 28 ply. Load Range J is 18 ply and Load Range M is 22 ply. If you need any more help, just ask. A lot of good people on here. Glad to have you. :wink:
Hey i hope you are not taking this the wrong way....I appreciate the questions but we don't mislead or customers if i did we wouldn't be in business long....I am in process of selling some military tires to a couple of members of this site.Hopefully they will leave some feedback...

Maybe this picture will seal this question...this tire is load range N

Thanks, John

Attachments

johncb1529

powerhouseduece said:
you guys ship with yellow fright?
We have a local yellow freight in tupelo, mississippi...We could actually deliver your tires to yellow freight...this wouldn't be a problem at all. Thanks ,john

johncb1529

Cdub said:
johncb1529 said:
Thanks for your reply:

14.00 R-20 $220

Jimmy and John Barnett

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow......you prices seem to be way out of line of what the market is asking.........and they're only 85% tread life.................???

We have mostly been selling these tires in the construction field...I looked at some other prices in the military market and YOU ARE RIGHT...Our price is not in concrete we will come of this price to be very competitive... thanks john

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks