• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check this GamaGoat travesty

54reo

RE: Check this travesty

This wouldn't be near the south side of the Oklahoma City airport would it?

Mike_Pop

I often see tractor trailers loaded with half a dozen goats, headed to the bombing range near Fallon, NV. It's sad. There must be a few hundred vehicles parked in the desert, waiting to be blown up.

ssgtwright-usmc

By watching the History Channel and the Military Channel, the Goverment has contracts with individuals to hold old military items so that the goverment can use for future use.
Most items that are held only certain parts be can be scrapped for the iron but the hull cant be touched.
This leaves the Goverment to use the hull as shooting targets.
Their is a Massive grave of Vietnam era tanks that they showed on both Channels and they cant sell to the public.
Im sure the gamma goat is under the same catagory, you can scrap certain parts but dont touch the hull!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

I've seen these before as background on GSA website when they are selling vehicles in the foreground. I seem to recall it is in Oklahoma or Missouri. They actually attempted to black out the background when posting the pictures.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If they cannot be sold due to a contract, but all the parts can be sold, LET'S GET THE WRENCHES OUT AND START PULLING PARTS.

Leave NOTHING but the hull. I'm sure the goat owners out there will appreciate the parts.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Regarding good stuff being on the target range, I have seen deuces, 5 tons, and alot of Viet Nam era tanks being shipped into the range. There are some deuces in the local salvage yard with alot of 50 cal and 20mm holes in them.
A real travesty!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Like I've said before, we can't possibly save them all. We buy what we can, restore what we can, part out what's left, and the wolves get the rest. Just the way things are.

Gamagoat1

The Goat, except for a few parts, drive train, engine and tailgate, is all aluminum. Lots of bucks there! SAD Indeed! And those don't look to be military, so who says they can't sell???

jfnemt1ff1

I just seen this post over on the 715 zone. As a goat owner it kills me to see this. When I restored mine I remember looking all over to find misc small parts. I would rent a building and store as many as I could. Sooooooooooo Sad.
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks