• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check this GamaGoat travesty

86m1028

Was there today & still cant believe they are all gone.

Ive been looking at them for over 10 YEARS NOW !!!!

OUR GREAT GOBBERMENT AT WORK

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The really bad thing is that there's GSA and Forest Service sites like that all over the US.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well all may not be lost. I had lunch with one of the Forestry workers today.

The Goats where transfered back to the Feds and 94 of them where trucked to Camp Grubber in eastern Oklahoma. More than likely for target practice.

At least they weren't crushed for scrap yet.

With that being said and knowing how the gubberment works, we may be seeing them transfered to the OKC GL lot and then sold as scrap.

Anyone needing a few Gama Goat rims with junky tires? PM me for info.

Last edited:

scorpion6

The forestry service had been tying to get rid of those things for years. I actually took the DOD demil to them and offered to do the demil, but they were in a state of flux with no head honcho and no one wanted to give the go ahead. Once they gota new guy in there it was not but a couple of months and they were gone. I will assure you if they went to Gruber they will be blown to bits. I was pissed as all I wanted was a pressure plate and a pressure fork for the tranny. Never would sell me one or give me one and my goat is still down as I cant find one that someone does not think is made of gold or platenum. Really sucks.....

BoomBoom

OK fellas here's how we approach the situation. We contact the
agency in question and inform them that we are interested in parts
reclamation to support vehicles that were released prior to the De-mil
being imposed on the Gama Goat vehicles(Which we can prove)
We also point out that members of our "Historic military vehicle assoc."
has members in its ranks that have successfully performed this process
on vehicles that were sold by DOD(which we can also prove) then the clincher is all proceeds (minus our document able expenses)from the scrap generated will be returned to the generating agency. This will
accomplish the de-mill plus be a positive cash generator for the controlling agency. And clear up their unsightly eco non friendly SITREP!
Who's up for the challenge????????? popacom / BILL in Ky.:jumpin:
Count me in.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Found their new home in the target holding area at Camp Gruber. Go to Google earth and plug in 35.68196,-95.164205 they only show up on Google.

dmetalmiki

Reckon Ive got one of the VERY few RUNNING on the road "goats" here in blighty. (and) it's been "adopted" by my new (apprentice) Helper. Its a lot of fun to drive and certainly draws attention where ever it goes.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks