• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a 1985 Truck with a split brake system?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, It should be a dual brake circuit truck. Love the description, some transmission parts in rear!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMJ, did you win it?

LanceRobson

The brake low pressure warning light is a kit that can be added to any truck.

The best give away is the DLA contract number. The 7th and 8th characters are ALWAYS the last two digits of the year the contract was awarded. It dosen't matter if it's a flashlight of a M1 tank.

The truck could have been made in '85 or any year after that, until the contract was filled .

Lance

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Cannon AFB, not far from you as the map looks....most direct route goes through Roswell, but as I remember, alot of hills :(

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dm22630 said:
I thought the brake warning light on the instrument panel was the thing to look for? :?
My '72 came from Uncle Sam with the brake warning light.

54reo

m16ty said:
dm22630 said:
I thought the brake warning light on the instrument panel was the thing to look for? :?
I believe the same light was used as a warning lamp for the parking brake, in kit form.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Kwai said:
What's your serial number. I've got one of it's brothers waiting for pickup at Ft. Polk. Serial number 11587. It's also a dropside but not in kit form.
I don't know the serial, so it'll have to wait till I get it home, unless the the GL rep wants to go out to the truck and get it for me.....

And I like "kits" ;)

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
emmado22 said:
My bet is it's 1987 or up.....

88K392 so it's an 88 model year, I have the rest of the VIN but since it's an AF truck even the Great Carnac can't help me with a history.

Thanks to GL Harold at Cannon AFB for getting the number for me!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
54reo said:
m16ty said:
dm22630 said:
I believe the same light was used as a warning lamp for the parking brake, in kit form.
Ok, mine doesn't come on with the parking brake. Only when there is low air pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks