• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR Wheel Info

M1075

I am trying to use some MTVR wheels on a project but haven't been able to find the TMs online. Does anyone here have them? I was surprised to learn the wheels take a special large bore valve stem. I assume this enables the CTIS system to work easier by allowing more air transfer quicker? I am not planning on using CTIS (yet) so this means I will have to get a large bore air chuck, air gauge, and valve cores. More info on the wheels might help me avoid a misstep later. Who is familiar with the wheels as used on the MTVR?

A few pics of my dream truck

Attachments

halftrack

Unlike the 5 ton manuals, there is mainly one master 7 ton manual. It is labled confidential therefore should not and would not meet the criteria for public release or to be posted on this site for the enjoyment of your reading pleasures. PM me exactly what you want to know and I will PDF only those excerpts for you.

reb87

My m919 truck has shipping labels from kuwait and Iraq and I couldnt figure out why the doors were still green camo while the rest of the truck was tan. There are holes drilled into the doors and Ill bet there was armor bolted on my 919 doors like the armor on these trucks.
Ross

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would bet that's the reason. Do you own a concrete company, or are you planning on removing the concrete bodies and using the trucks for something else?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I'd leave the shop body one as-is, it is very useful to have a mobile shop when you need it on the farm. As for the concrete truck, carve it away! Those concrete trucks were always surplussed out with the tank and pump units in crappy shape inside.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bumping this up, as the title works for my question. I believe the MTVR’s run 16.00 tires, the question is how wide are the wheels... 10”?

Gunzy

There are small bore valve stem adapters on the market and If you will not be using CTIS I see no reason you couldn't just replace the valve stems complete with a commercial truck one.

neomadic

Just in case anyone else runs across this and needs parts. This is what I used for mine and everything's been working great. High flow to normal adapters are available at the same place, and the orings work on m35a3 wheels too.

Edit: Thinking about it, I think the spud part ended up being wrong. Their customer service was awesome though.

Attachments

Reactions: HDN

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just in case anyone else runs across this and needs parts. This is what I used for mine and everything's been working great. High flow to normal adapters are available at the same place, and the orings work on m35a3 wheels too.

Edit: Thinking about it, I think the spud part ended up being wrong. Their customer service was awesome though.
The Orings work on m35a3, m939 3/4stud combat wheels, HETs, HEMTTs, RCVs and MTVR wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks