• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"2 1/2 Ton Ammo Loader"

Boatcarpenter

Clinto,
I don't know what make and model you have, but mine is a Budgit rated at two tons.
Sticker on it says Catalog 905403.
For repairs use Model # 504521-1.
Link to Budgit Hoists:Budgit Hoists
Maybe this info helps in some way.
BC

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto,
I don't know what make and model you have, but mine is a Budgit rated at two tons.
Sticker on it says Catalog 905403.
For repairs use Model # 504521-1.
Link to Budgit Hoists:Budgit Hoists
Maybe this info helps in some way.
BC

Much thanks to Gunboy who sent me the install TM. I am still looking for the TM that covers repair of the hoist/trolley mechanism.

Here are some pics of mine.

Attachments

FormerNewMVGuy

I'm surprized EMR has'nt posted on this yet. He has a nice one for his deuce also. He had it mounted for the 2008 MTA show and swap meet,
Very nice unit!

emr

It is a wrecker set # 7, the WW2 version was still a wrecker set # 7 but had a rounded back end, the M series is the one shown it the pic on this thread, It is NOT a bomb hoist , but anyone can all it what they want , a bomb hoist has a much longer end over the bed and goes ALL THE WAY to the back of the bad for loading the bed, this does not , it only goes enough to offer stability, it comes with a 1 and a hafh ton hoist a very heavy chain with 2 lengths attached at a loop and two large hooks . AND a tow Bar came with it when delivered to Uncle Sam...then it is a complete unit, most tow bars from the ones for sale have been scoffed, I have a COMPLETE set for sale for $1000.00 in NJ. ...A unit that did not rate a real wrecker had one of these, or as a back up, the NJ Dover unit had one in use for the 60's untill the early 70's. One of my buddys ran it for that time...Its primary use was for towbarring off road, to raise the wheels , because as we all know when tow barring off hard pack the wheels will not follow, The Tow bar was actually the primary piece of equipment to be used first, it was very very handy for field repairs when a lift was needed, I helped a friend who needed to change a tire on the front of His deuce in a large lawn area where his jack was sinking, so we lifted one lifting ring on the bumper and changed the tire...it is a very neat toy...the seller from the pic in the thread is miss informed, thats not a big gy at all, but thought my research might be good to share, hope no one minds...Thanks the one at the MTA show is the one for sale , all the trimmings go with the set, axle clamps etc. To answer a question in a post here, Yes it is easily removed , about 10 bolts and a forklift...But i have taken it out by myself, makes alot of noise though...

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Robert Millers finally went to his place yesterday, maybe he'd sell it?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Many years ago (too many) I was stationed in Germany in a signal unit.
We had a big Motor Pool with deuces, 5 tons, M151 Jeeps, a 5 ton wrecker and other ecclectic vehicles.
Next to us was a Military Police unit that had M151 Jeeps for tactical use.
Their support vehicle was a deuce with that setup in the bed. If one of their Jeeps went down they would send the deuce out after it. They would attach the small towbar to the Jeep and hook it to the pintle of the deuce. They would then hoist the front of the Jeep with the chainfall and haul arse with the Jeep dangling from the back of the rig.
I would like to have one just for chits and grins.

59apache

Chipmaker
gentlemen.
i want to build my own ammo lader......
can anybody post some pictures and measure some dimensions?
what I-beam is used?
a picture from the connection between the U and the arm would be helpfull...

thanks!

greets juergen

Last edited:

southdave

If anyone is still interested I just uploaded TB 9-4910-492-30, the installations instructions for the hoist in a Deuce to the Tech Section. When it is approved it will be available for all.
59apache Try the above mention TM, it can be found in the resource section. there one in a junkyard by me if you need pic

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks