• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
clinto looks like you did a great job putting together a great event. I need to make this one. Thanks to everyone for great pics. You too Brandon. [thumbzup]

GamaGoatGirl

Making a rest stop in Harrisonburg, VA. We are about halfway home. We had a great time and I will post videos tomorrow when I get home! Thanks especially to Joe for letting me ride and drive the gamma goat and to Oilcan for letting me ride in his m818 on the trail rides!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Man if Maryland gets any more anti 2nd Ammendment I think I need to move my clan to Georgia. Woo Hoo these pictures are the hoot. Thanks for posting all of them and hope all get home in good shape.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent, excellent job clinto! Those trails could become an official steelsoldiers test track, like them humps, looks like some are not wide enough on top to cross with anything bigger than a jeep or ATV...or perhaps a Gama Goat. :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The rally was the best yet (IMHO).
We had a plotting session Sat. night for next year.
Maybe we can make it even better.
I think we all agreed that this site rocks and is a shoe in for next year.
Clinto and his GF deserve much credit for this great event.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Open all year Bjorn. Whew, I'm home. Left Yesterday after 2PM and convoyed with Poppop for around 3 hrs before he peeled off to go east. I continued south and went to Wayne Harris' house. Got in there about 645PM. Hung out with Wayne for a while, did some pickin and checked out the M880s. Funny thing about driving alone in a deuce for hours, you think of all kinds of stuff. It was during this that I realized I need another project like I need a hole in the head. I ended up bringing home a very nice M101 trailer. Also found the lest few bow corners I needed for the dropside. Wayne is doing OK, hanging in there. It was good to see him again as my visits are too infrequent. Don't recall what time I left but drove until midnight and stopped to take a snooze. Ended up back here at 815AM. I don't have too many more pics as my camera was missing most of the weekend. There should be some awesome pics and videos of what a deuce and a determined driver can do. Same with Brandon's M54A1 and Adam's M818, both were equally impressive in less than desirable conditions.

No.2Diesel

Awesome photos! Nice action shots. [thumbzup]

Having a Rally at an offroad park is great. It works very well for us up at RC and looks like you guys had a great time too!

I love those tires on the front of the M813! Nice group of MVs!

sak00

Most Awesome, looks like a great time had by all. I am definately going to plan to go next year. Deuce still needs some attention to make that long of a trip. But I have a year to get busy. Thanks for the pics and all. Drive safe on the way home all.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few pics from the files of JW

Attachments

davidkroberts

Man that looks like a good time...... Any word on how much oil the goat used on the way down. Mines averaging about a quart an hour or so.... im told thats almost normal.

Thanks allot for the pics and stories made for a great read.....!!!!!!

1958 M274

As others have said, thanks to Clint and everyone that worked to put on this event. I had a great time and can’t wait till next year! Maybe we could have a spring time trail ride there too?

Dave, I put a little over 310 miles on the goat over the weekend. About 285 of that was on the road, most of it running wide open on the highway. The remaining 25 was on the trails. I just went out to check and it went down less than a ¼ inch on the dipstick. It probably leaked as much as it burned…

AMGeneral

Post trip report, After checking and calculating I got 7.15 mpg on the trip down and back. Total mileage round trip was 637 miles with 89 gal of fuel burned.6 hrs total down and 6 1/2 hrs back.

Here's a few more pics

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks