• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

joeM62

Nice pics guys and ladies, now i know what to espet for the next rally when i go. i got another job so i'll have the duce ready to ride with you guys next time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, let's see if I can get a reasonable headcount.

Squirt Truck----------M54A2 & M37
BFR-------------------M185A3 w/M756 bed
Papabear (& crew)-M114, M37, M38A1, FAV (M151 based)
Poppop---------------M813 & M35A2
Recovry4x4---------M35A2
HndrsonJ-------------M1009
HndrsonJ's buddy---(I can never remember his name) M35A1
Freight Train---------M35A2
Jim (I think that's his name)-M35A2 (bought from Wreckerman)
CCatlett1984--------M35A2
Oilcan-----------------M818
Clinto-----------------M35A2 & M274A5
Clinto g/f------------M105A2
AM General---------M54A1
JW4x4---------------M1009
1958M274----------Gama Goat
Unknown new guy I never had a chance to meet- M35A2 w/custom bed
Unknown new guy's friend - M35A2
Timntrucks-----------civvy vehicle
SC SGG4-------------civvy vehicle
Butch Atkins---------civvy vehicle
Doghead/Dhwife----civvy vehicle
Gimpyrobb-----------Passenger side of Catlett's Deuce
Blake------------------civvy vehicle
Bruke Kubu (in absentia) M109A3

First, I want to thank OD Iron for their generous contribution of event t-shirts. I consider OD Iron to be the best green truck parts supplier out there. It was a shame Mike couldn't make the rally this year, but hopefully we will get to see him in Florida in February and back at the Ga Rally next fall.

Second, I want to thank all the people who helped with this year's rally. This includes:

BFR who found Durhamtown and supplied an entire M105 worth of firewood.
Catlett who acted as my second in command.
Kenny who accepted my request to run the firing range (that we never got to) and whose experience offroading made the trailrides great. He also supplied our GP medium!
Jerry whose expert campfires kept us warm.
Squirt Truck who was integral to the recovery efforts offroad.
Doghead who was constantly ready for any adventure and whose help was never more than an arm's length away.
Mangus580....... who acts as a brilliant sounding board every morning.......

and everyone else whose names I am forgetting.

Thank you all for coming...... fuel isn't cheap and we all have commitments to work, family and friends and to burn a few days of time and fuel is a major commitment. I had such a good time sitting around the campfire with you guys and I am proud to call you all my friends.

Thank you again for your attendance and in closing, I hope all of you had a great time.

A lot of people have expressed gratitute and thanks to me (and Dawn) for putting on the Ga Rally, but honestly, it is a team effort and without all the people's efforts listed above, the Ga Rally wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is. So don't just thank me, thank all these folks and everyone who showed up.

Also, we have Rally shirts available on another thread:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28234

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Two "B"s at the end of my name! I came down in Chris's m35, not a civy vehicle! My back still hurts from it.

poppop

Clint, the unknown new guy with the custom bed had a buddy driving a duece also. Maybe they will speak up and identify themselves. Clint, that custom bed job that looked so great was started the Sunday before the rally. Only took him three days to get it to that point. I only wish I could do that kind of work. And no one deservies more thanks than you and Dawn for this great event. I know from experence how much behind the scenes time it takes to build an event like this. I think this SS Family is cementing its friendships and I value all the people I have met at events like this. This is as fine a group of people that has ever been assembled and I am proud to be a small part. Dhuramtown was great. Mike, the owner was great, I really was impressed by the time he spent with us around the campfire every night, and his interest in what we were doing. I will never forget Friday night when we were trying to get out of the slick hasards and Mike and several employee's show up. They enjoyed watching us drive these trucks and at one time the employee riding with Mike said "Boss, we got to get us some bigger toys".

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also there
Mike, Kenny and Jerry's buddy
Wreckerman
Timntrucks wife
Lloyds wife Dee
the two ladies in hndrsnj's camp area(and 3 dogs)
Blythewood Joe and his little girl
The 3 guys with off road rigs, (Squirttrucks son and friends) They were a big help on the off- road course

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone get any videos or more pics of the Friday night trail ride? Looking for stuff from the 3 major obstacles where we had to rush the side slope or be eaten up by the pit! I had no camera that night and am looking for pics, videos.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Clint I did not know you made your GF ride in the trailer. Boy I sure want to get down to one of these in the future have to be running either cheap diesel or home brew. since I will be retired by then.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amy still has more video from Friday nights ride and Saturday and Sunday load-out. Will post a notice when it's up. You can also subscribe to her videos on YouTube, her name is dhwife(YouTube).

GamaGoatGirl

Ok, I have uploaded all of the videos - they should be appearing in my YouTube account soon. The link to my account is http://www.youtube.com/dhwife .
I don't have any more pictures to post. Waiting to see some of the pictures that others took!
I had a great time and can't wait until next year! [thumbzup]

poppop

GREAT JOB AMY. I really enjoyed meeting you at the Rally. Had a great time with DH at the Fl rally last year. I hope to be there again this year. For those of you watching the vidioes, that last run in the dark was something. The only way to make it was low range second gear full throtlle with the front wheels full turn up hill and digging. My truck was disabled. I did not know if I lost the trasfer case or a universal joint. Lots of banging going on. I limped out in low range first gear but in the bad spots had to do what ever to try to make it. there was no turninging around. The next day discovered I had lost three of the four bolts connectining the short jackshaft on the transfer case. And THANKS Kenny. He was bringing up the rear behind me. When my truck became disabled he would not leave me. We put his truck in front of me so if necessary he could tow me out. I made it in on my own power. The next day a member there had the bolts, Gimpyrobb installed them for me, and I rode on the Sat. ride and had a blast.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No one gets left behind when I'm on the trail ride Lloyd, NO ONE! I had an absolute blast at the rally. My only regret is having all that crap in my truck and not being able to do the Saturday trail ride. Next year JW4x4, Mike and myself are seriously considering showing up Monday and making a week of it. Probably bring ATVs too. Durhamtown is a really nice place for sure. BTW, I just got my truck unloaded today!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
...... Next year JW4x4, Mike and myself are seriously considering showing up Monday and making a week of it....
I like that, even if the event itself doesn't include the whole week, my reason for the earlier post about the park being open all year.

poppop

Kenny, hindsight is 20/20, but knowing what I know now we should have left your truck at the dirt piles and you ride with me. I unstand you like to climb, so you would have been wekcome to drive my truck at the Grand Canyon. I could not stand to see doghead watch all the fun and not get to drive, so he had a run in mine. Only Amy was a scardycat and would not ride with him. :)

GamaGoatGirl

I was not afraid!!

I could not stand to see doghead watch all the fun and not get to drive, so he had a run in mine. Only Amy was a scardycat and would not ride with him. :)
I didn't see you ride with Doghead! You don't realize what kind of crazy driver he can be! :razz: I rode in the gama goat!

FreightTrain

Banned
Whoever I rode with was a complete nut job behind the wheel......I will ride with him ANY TIME!YEEE HAWWW.Nothing like riding in the back of a deuce at 30MPH catching air,Slamming into dirt banks.Talk about fun!!!!!:twisted:

dc3coyote

DogHead a crazy driver??? I kinda thought he was too tame. Amy your more than welcome to ride with me at the FL rally if you come. I will even bring ratchet straps so I dont loose my cooler this year.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have any additional photos from the '08 event they would like to post? I am working on a project and any photos would be helpful. I would love to see if anyone got a shot of the campfire.

Thanks in advance,

Clinto

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks