• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks Papabear.

Lonesome715

Papabear and the guys at Iron Mikes took my wife and son it and made them feel at home in this unfamiliar town. She has not had any one she can count on while I am in Iraq and it is a relief to know that she does now. Plus, Papabear was kind enough to take on to military vehicles I bought and as a surprise got them running for me before I got home on R&R. (You still have not told me what I owe you for that by the way.) It is nice to know that after all the hard times we have encountered over the past few years, that there are people like this who think of others.

I just wanted to make my appreciation public, thank you.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thats who we are and what we do 715. Our little band of brothers is geared toward doing whatever we can for those who served, are serving or will serve.
Your bill is payed in full...as soon as we get the spagetti dinner the wife promised at the "hooch", and the son runs us all ragged again.
Man, if we had 200 troops like him, everyone else could just sit back and watch the war!!
We are glad to help the wife and son anytime they need it.
We also want to publicly thank you for your continued service to our Nation.

Lonesome715

Beer huh. Well I am a non drinker so I am not sure what kind to bring. What kind of pies are they saying he likes?

I'll be heading back to Iraq in a little over one week. I wish I could hang around for a while and get to know every one better, but I have a years worth of stuff to do around this house.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
PB (and his crew) are great guys. I'd invite 'em to any cookout I was having, that's for sure.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding 715...
I'm sure the little man was part of getting that work done. To answer some of the posts above...peach. apple cherry or any other kind of pie (Dan). Any kind of cookies, (WM). And any kind of beer (uglyranger).
After 20 years, 8 months, 10 days and about 4 hours, (heck who counted) in the Infantry I learned not to be too picky about stuff.
So...it looks like peach pie, chocolate chip cookies, and natural lite beer?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome home and if you are like me part of the time is spent figuring out what is in what box you sent home....

I know this site is great we all get support and it takes all kinds I just thank God that we are more on the Grace and Mercy side than the Judgement side like so many are on these days. I will keep you in my prayers and if the Army retires me and I find the life too laid back I may join you in the contractor ranks.

God bless and some pictures from the home front would be a great addition to this thread

Lonesome715

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Welcome home and if you are like me part of the time is spent figuring out what is in what box you sent home....
Um, yeah. That has already been the subject of aguements and back aches after moving them. One box I sent three months ago arrived while I was here.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK 715. The fellers are locked and loaded and waiting for Saturday and the chow promised. We won't have to go to burger king for lunch!! YEA!!!!
If you are a really good feller we will let you drive all kinds of stuff around the hooch area.
The little man can be your TC on any vehicle ya want, and the wife can take pics or ride to!
Life is good at the hooch I tell ya!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have spent so much time deployed I still have a few boxes I have not opened from 2006. I guess that is what retirement is for.....

Be safe and keep your powder dry.

Lonesome715

Melissa went to the store today and picked up some interesting ingrediants. Hmmm, I wonder. Chase will love riding in some big green vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks