• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Germany with rusty m1009

84cucv1009

Hi folks

I am 39 years old and live in Monsheim, Germany which is in the near of Mannheim. i´m the proud owner of a 1984 m1009 chevy blazer.
My career started in 1995 with a 1977 dodge m880 which was a money cemetry.:evil: After that I bought a1985 m1008 in 1998.:grin: Two years later I sold the
1008 because my wife saw an 1982 chevy suburban with the 6.2 diesel which
was a very good family truck for the next six years. But the vehicle tax laws in Germany changes and I trade the suburban for the m1009 I always dreamed of. The 1009 was plated as a historic vehicle and it´snot allowed for daily use.
:cry:

after teo years of hangaround it´s time to register
please excuse my bad english

No.2Diesel

Wilkommen!

How strict are they at enforcing that you don't drive an historical vehicle every day?

Your Englisch is better than many on this forum that were born in this country

84cucv1009

thanks for your welcome cucvfan and no2diesel.

to explain matters with the historical plates you must know there will be two different versions of the historical plates in germany. The first one is the white plate with black letters that always ends with an "H" for historical vehicle. The second one is a white plate
whith red signs on it. It´s called the 07 number. The German guys on the site know what I mean.
If your vehicle is plated with the first version I explained , your vehicle must be 30 years old and there is no limitation for use. If you have the second version of the plate like me, your vehicle must be 20 years old until 2007. After 2007 your vehicle must be 30 years old too.
The use of a vehicle with an "07number" is limited for test drive and driving to historical vehicle events.
I don´t know how strict the enforcement is but to tempt fate is not my thing. I´ve heard of people who does transport driving with an vehicle with an "07number" and stopped by the police and have to give the plates back to the registration office.

I hope this answer your question. It´s difficould for me to explain the problem in english.

greetings from Germany

AlexT

Hi 84cucv1009,

nice to see another "german" Steel Soldier here. Feel free to join our association in Germany. The USMVP.

You're welcome.

Greetz from Germany to Germany.....:grin:

84cucv1009

Hi AlexT

thanx for the invitation of your association. I think I will join it. How is the condition of your hardtop? I need a new one because mine is cracked and moisture will come in and helps the interior rotten away.

greetings from the southwest

Sascha

1984 M1009

joec

:beer:Willkommen zu den Stahlsoldaten! Es gibt viele nützlichen Leute hier. Joe C....

Hi folks

I am 39 years old and live in Monsheim, Germany which is in the near of Mannheim. i´m the proud owner of a 1984 m1009 chevy blazer.
My career started in 1995 with a 1977 dodge m880 which was a money cemetry.:evil: After that I bought a1985 m1008 in 1998.:grin: Two years later I sold the
1008 because my wife saw an 1982 chevy suburban with the 6.2 diesel which
was a very good family truck for the next six years. But the vehicle tax laws in Germany changes and I trade the suburban for the m1009 I always dreamed of. The 1009 was plated as a historic vehicle and it´snot allowed for daily use.
:cry:

after teo years of hangaround it´s time to register
please excuse my bad english

SteamboatWilly

Wilkommen Sascha
I'm a colecter of German VW military vehicles(3) and aircooled VWs (4). I did my apprentihip with Volkswagen of America in the late 1960s and it stuck...LOL. I'm restoring a 1979 German Iltis and wish my German was as good as your English. Good to have you here on SS.
Willie:)

Attachments

84cucv1009

Thank you all for your welcome. If you have some translation questions please ask me if i can help you. Before i became MV sick, i own an 1971 Mercedes Benz 200 with gas engine and a 1962 Volkswagen beetle. On both Vehicles the work never ends. They rotten down under my back. I coudn't weld in the sheetmetal fast enough.

Hey AlexT, I want to buy your hardtop. The price is okay but at the moment it is too cold to drive nearly 300 kilometers without my old top.

greetings

Sascha

1984 M1009

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks