• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreck waiting to happen M944A1 recovery

sermis

The crud is kicking my A**. I can go about an hour and then have to go back to bed.

The AMAZON LADY is calling me. Took her out for a test run tonight. Got up to 45mph but only about 1,500 rpm. I still need to figuer out what is going on there. Front right brake is draging and the low air warning buzzer and light stay on or blink. Air in primary and secendery got up to about 90psi. I don't hear air escaping but that is one of the tones I can't hear.
Is there a way to bypass the brake on the front?

sermis

Got the PTO for the generator engaged. A few whacks from a BFH and was able to get it into gear. It makes good power. Lathe power head turns but I could not get the travel screws to turn. I think I just did not have the right combination. Grinder works and all but one set of lights work. Heater goes into fault mode but fan sounds like it was running.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow thats a cool set-up! I, like everyone else, would love to have one or two of those. The hydraulic press is manufactured by SPX/OTC. Not sure about the frame but parts and accessories are still available for the pump and rams. Looks like the rams are 30 and 50 tons.

sermis

Well the truck is on it's way home. Ross left about an hour ago. Nothing is ever simple. The truck needed some more prep. Windshield, bumper, mirror, and a few other things. Mirror too forever as pins would not come out of the hing. As we moved the truck we found a leak in one of the tranny lines. Robbed a hose off of my log splitter and fixed. Got ready to go a brakes locked up on the converter dolly and then on the trailer. Not sure they are right but seamed to be working when he left.

bimota

Let me know if you know any M944A1s that are being parted out - I need some PTO to generator parts.

Also, I have a machinist that can fix the Southbend 1308 lathe slides - we have found two that were abused and damaged - hard to get parts for now. We rebuild the slides and have one extra lathe for parts or want to buy parts to get that lathe back to working order.

Thanks, Tod - Sangha Energy.org

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks