• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rules Concerning Posts About Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to address posts about guns here on SS. Please don't post guns for sale, breech modifications, de-mil cut repair, or anything else that would get the ATF excited. There are plenty of guns websites out there so go to one of those if you want to talk about guns.

The exceptions to this rule are gun rings, pintle mounts, turrets, etc... that are mounted to our trucks, APC's, and tanks. It is also OK to talk about replica weapons for the purpose of historical displays and combined MV/Gun shows.

Just use your common sense and don't post things that could put yourself or the SS site in jeopardy. Thanks!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does that mean if we go shootin' we shouldn't post pics or if we get a chance to squeeze of a few from a different type of weapon, we shouldn't post pics?

EZFEED

I would like to address posts about guns here on SS. Please don't post guns for sale, breech modifications, de-mil cut repair, or anything else that would get the ATF excited. There are plenty of guns websites out there so go to one of those if you want to talk about guns.

The exceptions to this rule are gun rings, pintle mounts, turrets, etc... that are mounted to our trucks, APC's, and tanks. It is also OK to talk about replica weapons for the purpose of historical displays and combined MV/Gun shows.

Just use your common sense and don't post things that could put yourself or the SS site in jeopardy. Thanks!
UH-OH! Did'nt happen to get one of "those" emails from ATF did you?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
AR15.com is a great site to visit for this purpose and they have lots and lots of guns.

I do like to see weapons in the trucks that is why we have weapons racks in most of them.

Last edited:

EZFEED

Good idea to offer that Armyman! :-D

I'll add too, www.weaponeer.net is another that you may enjoy and we also have group buys and sell allot of new products. Much of our discusions involve building firearms from parts kits and legal work. You'll need to go to the forums page located on the left hand column in the home page.

www.1919a4.com is too

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the all of the posts in that thread, it was dealing with more than just "Fired Brass".

It was heading off topic, and no matter how much we may or may not agree with or have interest in the gun topics, They are not to be posted on SS. No Guns, no Politics etc...

ragedracer

Read the all of the posts in that thread, it was dealing with more than just "Fired Brass".

It was heading off topic, and no matter how much we may or may not agree with or have interest in the gun topics, They are not to be posted on SS. No Guns, no Politics etc...

Clinto referenced this post as to why he locked the thread. Nothing in Chris's post could possibly be taken to mean that we are not allowed to discuss fired brass, only that we shouldn't post things in regards to firearms that are or may be considered illegal.

wdbtchr

I'm really not into guns over .30 caliber, but I'm curious that someone would try to repair any weapon that's been cut or demilled and actually fire it, and then talk about it in public? I guess that's why we need rules in the first place.

NORTHWOODS

My name is jason i am addicted to green and guns, they go together well. It is sad that we have to worry about making some kind of impression rather than enjoying sharing these things. How ever i understand and will follow the rules of this site.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"I'm really not into guns over .30 caliber, but I'm curious that someone would try to repair any weapon that's been cut or demilled and actually fire it, and then talk about it in public? I guess that's why we need rules in the first place. "

To each his own. the same logic can be applied to demilled vehicles that have been put back on the road.. IE many many M151s

Vehicles are not covered in the constitution, however firearms are.

Chuck

Brock Steel

Wow what happened to the first amendment? Second?
Didn't our forefathers say something about the Government by the people for the people, of the people? Just words now? Beat down the people and rule with fear sounds like the old USSR. Nazi Germany, Japan? North Korea? Ect. What was the dying for?
Seems to me we are going down the wrong path.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brock Steel said:
Wow what happened to the first amendment? Second?
Didn't our forefathers say something about the Government by the people for the people, of the people? Just words now? Beat down the people and rule with fear sounds like the old USSR. Nazi Germany, Japan? North Korea? Ect. What was the dying for?
Seems to me we are going down the wrong path.
Amen brother. I don't like it either, but this is a great site and I will not do anything to bring unwanted attention to it or it's members. There are too many great folks on here who enjoy this hobby, I'll not be the one to screw it up for them.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brock Steel, you're first amendment rights are in place and doing well. You can talk about whatyever you want. Here you are dealing with the written word on some one else's paper. The owners have established these rules for the benefit of the site. Member Rizzo set up a site to talk about all the things that the admins disallow here if you want to join with him. I love guns a politics but I must talk about them off site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks