• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rules Concerning Posts About Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenD

In my opinion, if the weapons are a part of the vehicle display and they are shown as an accessory item (as opposed to the primary subject) in the photo, I'd say fine. My avatar would seem to fall into this category and I haven't had any complaints from the Mods.
Ultimately, it's the decision of the management and my opinion may only be worth the bytes it's made up of.

Heavysteven

One of the main reasons i enjoy this site is becuase of the fucos. It's about sharing information with hobbiest who enjoy working or restoring military antique vechiles. Post modern as well.

I would hate to see that lost if politics and guns were allowed.

heavy_308

I dont exactly agree, but I do understand the mods perspective on topic of guns.
I have had dealings with the BATFE, and for the most part, they seem to be very normal, and regular folks with a regular job. The ladies at the licensing center in Hotlanta have a box of chocolates coming...they are so helpful.

I have been around guns of every imaginable size, since birth. been shooting since 3 and have had my own since 6. I think it is your right. It is a passion for me, just as I am sure that the MV world will be. I a always ready to share my passion with others....I have encountered the "OMG, you own guns" type before. they are not my type of people. But, I try not to offend, I try to simply understand these folks, and why they dislike weapons.

For me they were a saving grace as a young man, it was my love of them that kept me from doing brash things.
It was a fine old target rifle I turned to when I lost my daughter. RIP Jaycie Rae Goodwin. 8 feb, 1993-5 march, 1993. That rifle kept me from coming apart at the seams, from losing what sanity I had left.

I hope that all of you, someday, have a fine old work of art that is a joy to shoot.

It was my love of weapons that lead me to choose the trade of machinist/toolmaker, I have done work for some local companies and had a chance to build and shoot anti-personnel and anti-materiel rifles....what an outstanding time.

I bid you all a great day...and remember....somewhere out there....is a child without a rifle....so donate!! Share your love....and your ammo, with a child, it will make a difference!

Petesos

WLreeds, best to keep it MV related. :wink: Thank you
I know i am over the big pond from you guys and i am here in the UK and i have quite a few shows this year who are wanting me to fire the 155 ( even got bigger charges ) And a lot of the shows will be videoed and i was going to post the videos on SS ..........Can i still post them or not as i dont want to bring any greif to the good people on this site

Pete

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
re-read the first 10 or so posts.

This is NOT a GUN/WEAPON site. We are a Military Vehicle site.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
he already posted pics here on site, of his 155, sorta like a trailer thingy with a long metal tubey sticking out the back

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Static display pictures of authentic "guns" towed by Military vehicles would be fine as long as the topic is to share a display.

Srjeeper

Your missing the point...

What any of us think about this rule is a mute point. The men that own this site don't want Gun Topics discussed and that's where the discussion should end.

I'm sure they have good reasons for this rule that are probably better left unspoken on an open forum.

Nobody's trying to infringe upon your rights, beliefs, or freedoms. They want to keep this a Military Vehicle forum and we either except their rules of go to another forum more to your liking.

Nobody's forced to visit Steel Soldiers....we are all guests here. As such need to respect the owners wishes and abide by their rules regardless of wheather we like them or not.

2cents

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The main reason for the rule (if I remember correctly) is to keep the arguments down. While a high percentage of members have strong beliefs in second amendment rights (myself included) there are some here that don't. They didn't want the forum to turn into arguments over guns and such. That would take away from the focus of MVs and make members mad at each other. The same reason applies to the religion and politics topics.

I'm not agreeing with the rule. I just stating what I think the original intent was.

You should be able to talk about any of these taboo subjects via PM (I know I have). I think the mods have the power to look at somebody's PM but the don't. I don't think they would care if they did.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
talking about guns and selling guns are two very different topics. BTW the ceo of ebay is known to favor heavy gun regulations.

I think its funny that so many think this sight is monitored. I do have tin foil hats for sale 10 for 5 bucks:razz:
While I doubt that it is monitored 24/7, it is certainly monitored. One of our members had a few visits from the black suburban gang a couple of years back. This site was one of a few topics of discussion. While nothing came out of the visit, it certainly did teach us that big brother does look in on us. I think that is enough to merit the phrase that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I am a cold dead finger advocate of our 2nd Amendment but I have absolutley no problem at all with the admins decision.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the posts cleaned up was mine. Do I mind, no, not really because it didn't adhere to the rules.

If someone does not like the rules they are free to go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks