• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of Deuce parts

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I often times find myself searching for weights of specific parts for the deuce, some I can find some I can't. If anyone has actually weighed specific parts from a deuce (ie motor, tranny, t-case etc.) this could be a helpful thread.

Here are a few things I have scaled:

Front axle: 830 lbs
Rear axle: 660 lbs
9-20 tire/rim: 165 lbs
Brake drum: 41 lbs
Backing plate with shoes: 39 lbs

I would really like to know the exact weight of a standard 12 foot box

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd double check the weight of that cargo box. Jones had one suspended on an equipment scale and it was within pounds of 2000#. Multifuel weighs 1850#

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't have thought there would have been that much difference between front and rear axles. I'm not saying you are wrong, I was just surprised.

Ronbo

Cool topic, Maybe when / if we get all teh weights in we can make one list . For copy purposes. It would be nice to have....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone remember the Little Rascals episode where they all stand on the scale together and divide the total weight by the number of them?

Divide by 13,700lbs by, how many parts on an M35A2? :-D

Last edited:

USMC6062

I often times find myself searching for weights of specific parts for the deuce, some I can find some I can't. If anyone has actually weighed specific parts from a deuce (ie motor, tranny, t-case etc.) this could be a helpful thread.

Here are a few things I have scaled:

Front axle: 830 lbs
Rear axle: 660 lbs
9-20 tire/rim: 165 lbs
Brake drum: 41 lbs
Backing plate with shoes: 39 lbs

I would really like to know the exact weight of a standard 12 foot box

Are the axle weights for a complete axle with brakes and all, or a stripped axle like someone would use under a mud truck?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is great. I'm all the time selling and buying parts and if you know the weight ahead of time it makes it easier to get a shipping quote.

I've got several small parts laying around. I'll try and weigh some and post the results.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Axle shafts

Shipped a set of u-joint style front axle shafts: long side inner and outer 38lbs, short side 34 lbs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks