• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of Deuce parts

LightCorporal

I thought my comment on the "snoplay" 's avatar would follow his memo. This must be confusing and totally useless for everyone else.
:roll:
My fault entirely ....... This is yet another great thread from a bunch who are well-informed about stuff we all care about. Thanks.
These here now newfangled store-bought electric contraptions always defeat my tiny mind.

jblack6527

Anybody know the weight of a tranny and transfer case? I may be going to buy one tomorrow, and would be nice to know how many people I need to take with me. lol

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took a duce apart and scraped the bed the scale said it was 1825 LB. but it had a few small parts in it like nuts and bolts from taking it apart I try to give it away at the time no one wanted it and scrap steel was up to 12.00 a hunder.
AEC Retired Tony

jesusgatos

Anyone know what a winch in the bumper, with driveshaft and pto weighs? What about an air shift Tcase? tia
Me too. I just bought one to swap into Mah Deuce and it's HEAVY.
Don't know the exact weight, but air shift t-case is between 400 and 500 lbs.
Heavy enough to give three guys trouble lifting it.
A front winch, no mounting brackets, and no cable is 145 lbs. Aluminum housings keep it lighter...
That's not bad! Put a synthetic winch cable on there and wow, you're talking MAJOR weight savings then, huh?

rebel_raider

Heavy enough to give three guys trouble lifting it.
Never had a third body around to help us pick one up. However, after buying two at auction, the sticker on the t-case and pallet said >500lbs. IIRC. May have been a little more as this was 6 months ago, and I can't really remember. I just know the number started with a 5.

jesusgatos

How about towbars? I've got a few medium-adjustable towbars that I need to ship, and no convenient way to weigh them. Would love to know what each leg assembly weighs, as I'm guessing I'll need to ship them separately (not going by freight).

swirvin21

2.5 ton axles:

Front housing: bare, 165lbs
Single Hub: bare, 37lbs
Single knuckle: bare, 24lbs
Stock wheel stud w/ nut: .8lbs

I would weight the chunk, but so far no wants to ship it. rofl

crasheej

Just went out and this what found on the front of the bed. 2310 01 119 8838 Body Cargo 1ea 8/86 WT 1820 CU 235.0 DM L153 W 96 H 30 . Other then that thats all I can tell ya. Have a nice day.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone know what a winch in the bumper, with driveshaft and pto weighs? What about an air shift Tcase? tia
Can anyone confirm the previously mentioned 400+ pound air shift transfer case?

I can't give you an exact quote, but clintogf's govt. rebuilt Deuce air shift transfers all have crates that are stenciled 573 lbs. If i had to guess I'd say the crates weigh.......... 50-60 lbs? I am a bad judge of weight though.

When I remove one, I will weigh the empty crate and see what the true weight is.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks