• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of Deuce parts

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I brought an air shift transfer case down to my shop today and threw it on the scale...465 lbs! It still had the parking brake assembly and drum on as well as the cross-member and gear oil. I knew they were heavy but wouldn't have guessed that much.

HDN

I'm bringing this topic back to life. It's an interesting read, and now I have a query. How much does the 60-amp alternator weigh? I might need to pull an alternator out of my truck and the manual says it's a two-person job.

Ajax MD

I brought an air shift transfer case down to my shop today and threw it on the scale...465 lbs! It still had the parking brake assembly and drum on as well as the cross-member and gear oil. I knew they were heavy but wouldn't have guessed that much.
I recently bought a rebuilt transfer case mounted in the lower half of a shipping can for my M813. In total, it weighed 1,000 lbs. I think Wes said a T138 transfer by itself weighs 644 lbs. A friend told me the shipping can weighs around 300 lbs.

HDN

Here's another question: How much does a hub weigh? The OP says a brake drum weighs about 40 lbs. I'm guessing the hub is also around 40 lbs - the hub-drum combo is heavy!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks