• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

restore or no

fstfrdy

I recently participated in the veterans day parade here in pheonix,az. while at the parade i had a group of vets insist in riding in my truck(M35A2). these guys opted out of riding in a restored 5t with troop seats and even borrowed milk crates so they had something to sit on. they said they wanted to ride in the one that looked like it was used and straight from the army. what do you guys think? RESTORE IT OR LEAVE IT ? ?

Attachments

oilcan

I say thrrow some mirrors on, keep the rust under control and call it a day. You can restore any of the next 7 or 8 trucks you buy!

It is nice to have an ugly truck in the fleet, and you won't worry about your passengers scratching up the new paint.

Chevytruck

how bad of a condition is it in?
if its bad, id say restore it to that era, and maybe add a little "battle damage to it" to make it look like its lived in

just my 2cents

fstfrdy

truck came from PA NG and has a couple of minor cancer spots, but its now in phoenix where it never rains. it does need a drivers mirror and if i can get a hold of them some weathered wooden troop seats

offroaddiesel

looks good to me if it was mine i would just keep it in good and safe shape. i have a few trucks ,none restored but all in good mechanical and safe shape. i would be afraid to drive it if it was restored. steve from western maine

randyscycle

I am on the fence about mine right now myself. It is OK, but has a few rust spots, and some dents and such. I want it all one color again, but I do use it and enjoy not having to worry about it too.

I think my plan ultimately will be to fix the few spots and throw a coat of paint on, but not worry about making it perfect. It was in both Gulf Wars, so want to see it back to its Desert Tan that's peeking out in various spots.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks