• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietm Gun Trucks

Driver523

JoeM62---from what I remember most were tied down with cables one way or another---I did hear that the Colonel was bolted down, these trucks were terrible top heavy and real light on the front end, I remember doing some night convoys on King Kong---I sat on the rear with my legs across the rear hatch, I remember looking down--a long--long way down----Driver

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just ordered my copy of Hard Ride Vol. 1 from Amazon, they had a lightly used copy for $31.95 plus shipping, it was the low price. I have had Vol. 2 for a while, can't wait to get more of an education in the art of the thick steel.

m816

Southern yankee, Get in touch with David Doyl and Larry Fiandt. They have a great storehouse of info on guntrucks. As far as building the badest assed guntruck, They were all badassed and all carried bounties on both the trucks and the crews. Those guys all volunteered for the job and were very entusiastic about putting their lives at risk to protect their fellow drivers. I have had the pleasure and honor to meet many of the surviving brothers at the Gatherings I have attended and am the proud owner of the Untouchable and part of the Jersey Crew who reproduced Satan's lil Angel. When we first presente the Angel at Gathering two We were both scared and proud of the reaction we would get from the formers crew menbers as they mounted for the first time in 40 years. I will never forget their reactions. I won't write about it but I will forever have the memory . Those of us who have replicated guntrucks kknow it is an honor to the crews who serve and to those who perished doing the job. It is our honor to preserve these trucks. So Get your stuff straight, Don't hesitate to as for help and get it built. We will be looking forward to meeting you at the next gathering. Vinny

No.2Diesel

Pics

Hi,

Here's my contribution from searchin' the "internets." Yes "Bounty Hunter" has been posted earlier in this thread however, here are some that show different angles and better clarity. Enjoy!

Attachments

m816

Why don't you join us at Louisville Ky. this coming August 3 to 7. We will hav eguntrucks there and you can see some prime examples of great replicas and gett a lot of information from real guntruckers. I promice you that you will meet some of the finest people that ever served in the Army. They will point you in the direction you want to go and The Untouchable will be there with two M2hb's Two mini's and M60's and M1 carbine, m79 some grenades and misc. tools to give you and idea of what was carried on them. Be glad to meet ya and help you wher i can. Vinny

historyfanatics

Why don't you join us at Louisville Ky. this coming August 3 to 7...
With any luck, I should have The Widow Maker completed by then. She's not a Transport Group truck. Instead, she's a replica of an Air Defense truck, and mounts a quad .50 on the back.

I hope to have photos of the truck posted soon. I am currently working on getting the quad mount (hardest part - trying to afford it on a very small paycheck :deadhorse:).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks