• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison MT654 Tranny Parts Source?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I need a filter and pan gasket kit for my 925A2's tranny. I found a couple of Allison parts places online that sell the kits, but I haven't heard of any of them. Has anyone bought a kit recently? If so, where did you get it? My local NAPA has been able to cross some Cummins numbers for me so I figure I will try them with the Allison numbers. Knowing Allison, they are probably a dealer only item :roll:

Thoughts?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris we use Covington Diesel for all our transmission parts. I'm guessing they will not be the cheapest but are very reliable and helpful when working on something tricky. They are in Charlotte, NC. Here's a link if your interested.
http://www.covingtondiesel.com/index.html
Thanks Chief. I'll give them a call and see what kind of prices they have.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I did a bunch more searching on Google and came up with a Baldwin Filter PN and a GMC Truck PN. I should be able to cross one of those at the NAPA. I will report back with what I find out.

The following PN's are for the filter kits with a filter and new gaskets:

• Baldwin: 19739
  • Allison: 29502302
  • GMC: 6834831

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thankfully, my NAPA store was able to cross reference the Baldwin numer and supply me with the proper kit. It includes a filter, pan gasket, and 2 o-rings for the pick-up tube.

NAPA Gold Transmission Filter and Pan Gasket - 1892

Joaquin Suave

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HANDS DOWN!!!!

You need Ted Keating!!

800 997 4858

Tell him Jack sent you...then talk fast before he hangs up on you! No, in all honesty...there would have NO WAY of me getting Libelula running again without Ted.

Last edited:

tashaak

Thankfully, my NAPA store was able to cross reference the Baldwin numer and supply me with the proper kit. It includes a filter, pan gasket, and 2 o-rings for the pick-up tube.

NAPA Gold Transmission Filter and Pan Gasket - 1892
I have a 1986 m925a1 ,do I have the mt654cr transmission also and will the 1892 Napa kit work for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks