• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toys for Tots

oilcan

Will be back on the phone in the am monday. Alot of people have been gone for the holiday. Every SS member that has contacted me for help has had a phone call and email sent to that area for you...

The best way is to do it by yourself with friends and family. Go to MArine Corps recruiting office or reserve center. Get the banners and box and drop of info from them. Call Walmart, Target, Kmart or any other large store with toys and get permission to set up for 4 or so hours. rob
Ah, ok. Didn't realize how all this was going down. I looked up my local MCL's website and found all the info I'll need so I guess we'll kick it off tomorrow!

ssgtwright-usmc

For those who are giving, THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work!
For members who want to donate and are worried then bring a un-wrapped toy to a local site that supports Toys for Tots.
Anyone asking for money for Toys for Tots then walk away.
We ask (The Marine Corps) asks for un-wrapped gifts so we know what age group of kids to give the gifts too.
The Marine Corps does not hand out the gifts.
Local charity groups asks for the gifts and we try to seperate those gifts evenly the best we can.
The local charity groups distrubute, we just collect to give to them.
I may be poor this year but Im still giving $100 something in gifts.
Please help this cause!!!!!!

54reo

I called the local Marine Corps League, and met them for their December meeting.

I will have the M35A2 and the M816 at the Walmart parking lot in town this Saturday from 0900-1600, for the "Toys for Tots" toy drive.

littlebob

First I want to say (Thank You) to Steel Soldiers for picking something up that is instrumental!!
For people who dont know what (Toys For Tots) is for and how it started I will give a quick description.
Toys for Tots was formed in WWII and we all should know that history.
Someone from the Marine Corps (Enlisted ranks) said something and got Toys For Tots going.
I donate every year buying small gifts that are un-wrapped.
Toys for Tots will not take money so anyone asking for money then they are not part of the Tots For Tots.
You can donate toys to your local Marine Corps recruiting office and at Official sites that they have arranged.
I am glad and proud to see that (Steel Soldiers) is taking part of something that Im proud of being part of.
The Marine Corps (WILL NOT) take cash but gifts only if they are un-wrapped.
Anyone saying they represent the Marine Corps (Toys For Tots) and ask for cash then walk away.
This is a good cause to give kids a X-max.
Give from your heart as much as you can.
Bring the gifts to a Marine Corps reserve unit or recruiter.
This is the best post I have seen so far because its not asking about (our selfs) but asking to help!!!!
Im poor but Im still giving!!!!
I just want to say from what I've experienced, it is a great program. I always try to buy the gifts for the little ones where I can spend what I have and hopefully be able to buy more. I'm sure every local is different and needs help in different ways. If you missed the link to the program http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/index.php?module=locator

My Son's Young Marine unit has helped at local Walmarts and also helped sort the toys to the proper age at our local reserve center. I'm never able to give as much as I would like to, but if we all give a little it would make a great differece on a childs life.
littlebob

2027Deuce

You can donate $$ you just need to make your check out to Toys For Tots. I am the area coorinator and we never discourage $$, we just make them write a check if possible.

54reo

All went well today. The Marines were a fantastic group of folks that really came together for a great event.

I had the M35A2 there at 0830, and one Korean War Vet took me out for breakfast! What a great bunch! It was very windy all day with a small amount of sun. We brought out some pizza around noon to try to warm them up a little.

I brought the M816 in a little later, and we ended up with a full load of toys in the back of the M35A2, and a little over $800 in donations.

They weren't too excited about the "seabees" emblems, (in a joking manner) but it was all for a good cause.

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

The Marine Corps Reserves in Manchester are running the Toys for Tots for the whole state except for three counties. I hooked up with them to place the truck at the Toys-R-Us in Manchester yesterday. On tne road at 0530 at 14 degrees for Manchester through some of the most devastated areas of the recent ice storm. Several one lane sections and a few wires I had to be careful not to catch on the convoy lights. The Marines were a great bunch of guys and didn't care about the Seabee markings. They were very excited just to have the truck and the Sgt. I dealt with said it might have to be the new face of Toys for Tots next year. Wants to plan some big events.
They were actually collecting the toys in pods, but I hauled one truckload of toys to their warehouse so they would have enough room in it to finish up there.
A lot of kids had their parents take pics of them in front of the truck etc. and the people from Rock 101 were there also and got a kick out of the fact that one could own a truck like the deuce.
Long day but well worth it.
Dec. 16th. Made a run from Keene NH. to Manchester NH. with a load for the state effort to be distributed by the Marines there. 5K worth of toys all boxed up. Had to pack so tight the top canvas was bumped up in a few places. Deuce purred like a lion on the junkyard gas/diesel/cheap30wgt. oil mix. Love that fuel combo. Costs about $30.00 for a 120 mile round trip.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cdub

Wow, that’s just great news...............OUTSTANDING.......!!

I just got a call myself from the local Marine Corp League. They would like me to bring my USMC five ton to a dinner banquette where they’re going to be bringing Toys for Tots and loading them into the back of the five ton on this Wednesday in the evening. Looks like I’ll get a chance to have a little sit down dinner as their guest. I can’t wait………

Cheers,

C’dub

rtjraleigh

Banned
Did my final drop off today. 1245 toys, 8 bikes and $340 cash. Sorry if the MCL wasnt to helpfull in getting you guys organized. Next year we will do it on our own (steel soldiers). There is alot more communication with this group then them anyways. You guys did a hell of a job. Semper Fi, Rob

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks