• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 now with turbo and pics.

tm america

nice job on the intake tube looks factory.how many leafs did you have to add to the right side to keep it level with that big ace muffler on there

jwaller

very cool. thanks for the info. about the same boost as I'm running. mine prob does ~10psi but our turbos are different I think. all depends on what motor you got the parts from. I love the feel that the turbo gives you. prob at least 50-75 hp.

most turbo guys will tell you that you will gain about 10hp per psi of boost.

spicergear

Great thread fellas!

I'm biding my time and slowly gathering parts for my 5 ton truck build. I've got a couple of things and the engine and tranny so far...475hp 'Silver 92' Detroit Diesel and RTO12513 RoadRanger that'll prolly get turned into an RTOO- I can't wait!!!

bevanet

jwaller and jimk, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looks like two nice turbo jobs here. Are they both still working well? Can you pull a decent hill in 5th gear? About how many hours have they been driven? I'm thinking about trying this but want to see if yours' last.

jwaller

jwaller and jimk, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looks like two nice turbo jobs here. Are they both still working well? Can you pull a decent hill in 5th gear? About how many hours have they been driven? I'm thinking about trying this but want to see if yours' last.
I've got probably 5k miles it so far and yes it pulls hills very well in 5th at 65mph. I've pulled 45k and haven't yet needed to downshift with the turbo.

jwaller

Is there a reason no one ever puts a supercharger on these trucks. something like a big paxton or Mach 2?
no need to. turbo is simpler and quicker and no need to reinvent the wheel when cummins already did all the work for you.

I can do a kit but most everybody on here are DIY folks so I haven't been asked to do it yet. thats the main reason. if you want one let me know and I can get a quote to you.

bambambam22

I hate to ask but I searched and nothing came up but what is DIY. The reason I asked is I am pretty fimiliar with superchargers on Gas motors but know very little about turbos and diesel motors

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks