• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

211 air pac help

1992TWINZ

My tm states remove pipe plug on back of air pac cylinder . When done so with air bled down i have oil in there already . Is this correct or should i drain and refill. Also there seems to be a lot of different posts about this many different views. Also as i go through my lighting it appears the left rear light is the only brake lamp? I can live without directionals but one tiny brake lite how do the rest of the 211 owners cope with this do you all leave stock or change over . Also need horn button and sterring box .

badgmc56

I wired in two of the combination brake and running lamps so I have two of each. For signals, I installed two later model M35 tail lamps so I have signals and more running lamps. I will post pictures tomorrow

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
You could replace the existing tail light with a M561 Gama Goat tail light - which should be a straight swap IIRC, and with a little minor rewiring do the same with the right. The goat lights have a much larger lens area, but the same size housing as the stock lights.

tjmilitary

If you have enough fluid in you air pak to drain it is possible brake fluid. do your brakes work good? The seals inside of the air pak will leak fluid through it and fill the can.

1992TWINZ

Air pac

this truck has been sitting for a long time still working out all the small kinks brakes seem fine now after a little rolling around. waiting for carb kit seems to be starving for fuel at times under load. starter is another issue. tm states lever engages gear but sounds just like pinion kicks in with speed from starter like a briggs and straton engine. still not sure yet takes a while to engage pinion . probably needs cleaning. so should i drain the pac check brake fluid and start clean. steers very hard right and slipps (meaning does not turn tires when sterring right) left fine. no grease in front hubs took 4 tubes to fill . i have not yet pulles box but think binding from lack of lubrication caused sterring sector shapt to wear. this truck is all origional not molested still stock paint . winter is here in north country making outdoor repairs a bit of hell. thanks to all for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks