• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maryland SS Chapter

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
It has been a while since anyone addressed this topic but is there any interset in SS members from MD, southern PA, Del, or northern Va meeting at a central location on a regular basis? On maybe forming a local chapter to assist each other in recoveries, parts or information. I know there are ralleys that are local, Aberdeen, but I was curious if there is time in our schedules to hook up and meet. We do meet everynite on here but that is not the same. It is strange how we look at the avatar and that is how we envision other members. Yes, Elvis is alive and living here at this site. Back to a meeting topic. Drop me a pm or respond here if you would like to have a MV gathering next month. You would be welcome with, or without your MV. We will pick a spot centrally located in MD and eat some wings and talk MV talk. I would be more than willing to set this up. Your call guys. And yes I envision Maddawg and the guy with the gun!!!

powerhouseduece

Well since I just turned 21 I say we all meet at a Bar:roll: j/k. personally i think that we should meet at a American Legion. I dont have the mud pit in the backyard anymore but It sound fun. good Idea dad. Where should we all meet at? Your house?

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think that an American Legion would be a great idea, as well as us being well recieved. I bet the older crowd could tell us a story or two about what they did in their day, in our trucks and jeeps. There is one here in Parkville that is Maryland's largest post. They have good food, a large parking lot, and yes a bar. Great idea Matthew, now I know that at least 3 of us will be there. No, make that 4, Armyman lives within walking distance from that post. So I guess the partiers can crash at his house in a shop van or a shelter!!! It would be nice to meet all of the new guys here who just got MVs, those who want an MV but do not know about them or who owns one and I would maybe get to meet Bruce!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in attending, too. I suggest selecting a location for the first meeting and then we could move the meeting location around to accomodate others who live in different areas. For example, we could meet in Parkville first, followed by Mt. Airy, Frederick, Rockville, Towson, etc. We could also choose a place closer to Annapolis for the eastern shore folks. I would definitely be interested in participating. How about trying to tie this in with a convoy of some sort?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would invite you all to attend the first one in Korea.... well that is out but I am excited about this when I finally get home. I think a park, forest preserve, or American Legion or VFW would be a good ride along experience for the old vets that inhabit them to get them away from the bar. Thanks for suggesting this we will have to continue to work on this and I hope to meet many of the friends I have here on the site that are in my state.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'd be interested in attending, too. I suggest selecting a location for the first meeting and then we could move the meeting location around to accomodate others who live in different areas. For example, we could meet in Parkville first, followed by Mt. Airy, Frederick, Rockville, Towson, etc. We could also choose a place closer to Annapolis for the eastern shore folks. I would definitely be interested in participating. How about trying to tie this in with a convoy of some sort?
I like this. I would like to convoy with my sons and fellow members to anyplace. We could even invade a border state or two. That would be cool. I like the idea of a meeting place rotation so we can be more inclusive and reach members who are not centrally located. I like Armayman's suggestion about a park when it gets warm. I could just see us rolling into Sandy Point or Tilghmans Island at Captain Buddy place. Lets build on this guys. Keep the suggestions coming. Any of you Va or WVa members wanna drive to Fredrick or Hapers Ferry for a gathering of green vehicles???

rfischba1

Count me in too. I have six acres close to Ft. Meade in Hanover, MD lot of room to park our trucks in a perimiter around my GP small command post. Just need a tent stove and we are set. Many days I have nowere to take my trucks off road, last week I got stopped by the MD DNR on state property that was not posted. Some place close to me is the old army ranges outside of Ft. Meade off 198 and Rt. 32. They have about 30 miles of old range roads open to the public for bird watchers. I piss a few off when the duce rolls by.
Its call Patuxent Wildlife Refuge.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Randy, I wonder if we could receive permission to hold a trail ride at that location. Any idea if they would be open to that and who we would contact for permission?

Orionspath

I sure would like to attend. As I have my truck (s) parked in the mountains, I could suggest a convoy from the Blue Ridge heading east across the creek to meet up in Md. Would have to make it a couple day trip and with fuel prices significantly down, after the holiday season would be a great time to get some road time in.......Pete
I'll keep an ear open for a stove for that CP!

jmh4x4

Having a MD meeting would be neat, I've been reading and learning on here from some time now. A great bunch of people on here and alot of information.
I'm gonna really need to ask santa clause :wink: to bring me a M35A2 for christmas if you guys start meeting in MD.

Orionspath

I like this. I would like to convoy with my sons and fellow members to anyplace. We could even invade a border state or two. That would be cool. I like the idea of a meeting place rotation so we can be more inclusive and reach members who are not centrally located. I like Armayman's suggestion about a park when it gets warm. I could just see us rolling into Sandy Point or Tilghmans Island at Captain Buddy place. Lets build on this guys. Keep the suggestions coming. Any of you Va or WVa members wanna drive to Fredrick or Hapers Ferry for a gathering of green vehicles???
Harpers Ferry spounds like a quickie for me driving up from Luray. My cousins up there just picked up a truck last month and would like to get some exercise! Again, great opportunity for the "Mosby Valley Drivers Group" to convoy!

powerhouseduece

This is getting better and better!! If there is a intrest I can go to the Stoney Creek Gun club and see if we can do something there. Anybody here shoot some skeet? ;)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can remember when Fort Meade really was a Fort and got to shoot many weapons in the place now liberalized for tree huggers. Maryland's antigun attitudes are sprung from the whooses that hate freedom.

I sure miss my heritage growing up on 640 acres of prime Illlinois farmland with over a hundred acres of uncut forrest. Thanks to the death tax we lost that after being in the family since before the statehood. I could shoot anytime I wanted to and drive our old Army M38 all over the property and around the country block as well as most of the farms belonged to relatives or great friends that shared impliments as needed. Try that in Balimore.....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm in. Mt Airy, Harpers Ferry, Frederick, or how about the old Fort Ritchie. Nothing up there but I think there might still be a place to eat just outside the old gate or we cook out...in the cold. Who got that MKT?? LOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks