• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 108 pics

scooter01922

Ok guys, went and checked out the 108 tonight. You will have to give me a break on the pics i missed taking a bunch of shots that i should have but it was farking cold and freezing rain was falling. ASTFU is a great guy and to help me find the place he had his deuce out front running and with strobes on :) Sorry, no pics of that :-( Anyway, i was there for an hour and a half or so and in that time his gravel drive had turned to a skating rink...it was that nasty out. 5+ hours of driving in freezing rain and spray but well worth the trip. Here are the couple pics i managed to grab, any questions just ask. :)

Attachments

Last edited:
It looks like it's going to be a lot of work .... on the other hand there looks like there is a lot of good stuff to work with. I look forward to the chronicles of the rebuild :p

Regards,
Rick

ASTFU

Rebuilt in 1972,I am glad you made it home ok.Talk to you later. Steering wheel cover was a freebee (custom):-D

No.2Diesel

Hi,

That is really great that you saved it. It was calling out to youfat lady sings

Get the largest angle grinder you can find, pop a wire-cup wheel on there, put on a resperator and a Tyvek suit and attack that MoFo:tin hat:

You'll enjoy the peace & quite from the gasser when you have to operate the crane. Good luck!:hammer:

scooter01922

Thats pretty much the plan No2. Angle grind the ever living crud out of the rust spots (nothing there more major than surface in 99 % of the spots) And then give her a nice coat of paint, what color i'm not sure. Be nice to bring it back to the strata blue that it was originally but at the same time it would be nice if it matched the deuce. The duece will get its new paint job in the spring too :) I'll take your word on the quiet thing, needs an exhaust as it is pretty much missing anything past the manifold. Sounds pretty nice tho ;-)

OD_Coyote

Seems like there are a lot of rare deuce varaints popping up for sale recently and it is good to see that our fellow SS brothers are the ones getting them.
Dang I am envious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks