• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

41 WC-12 For Sale

41WC12

I figured I would try this one more time and see if there is any interest. Here is a discription of what has been done and my asking price. Thanks.
I originally decided to keep and press on with the restoration of my 1941 WC-12 but I have decided to relist it for sale. This truck still has the original hood numbers W-231318 and the unit marking it was assigned to while in the U.S. Army, 2nd Service Command. Date of Delivery 19 September 1941. Date of Manufacture 15 Sept 41. I have a copy of the original build tag from Chrysler. I have done a lot of work on this truck since I bought it in June of 2006. It runs great and is currently registered, insured and is on the road. It has the original engine, Original Cab, Original Box, 6 volt positive ground system. It does have some rust but certainly nothing that is not repairable. Everything that I removed to replace with a new item I kept except for the headliner (which was soaked with mouse urine) and the Radiator.
This is a list of what I have done.
Brand new rebuilt Radiator
New 6 volt battery
(5) New Military NDT tires, tubes and flaps
All (5) rims cleaned, sandblasted, and painted lusterless Olive Drab.
All new brakes shoes, steel and rubber lines, wheel cylinders, master cylinder.
All (4) brake drums were turned and new seals installed, all wheel bearing were removed, cleaned, inspected and looked in very good shape so they were repacked and reinstalled.
Passenger side front leaf springs was weak so it was re-arched.
New wood in the bed with correct bed strips, nuts, bolts and screws
New fuel tank sensor
Cab heater works
Speedometer has been rebuilt and all dash lights and gauges work
All exterior lights work. (Although they may not work like original they do work and it will pass inspection.)
Oil filter was rebuilt (had a small hole)
Windshield is completely rebuilt with correct adjusting arms and center lock lever.
Pioneer tool kit (It is post war but it is a nice feature)
New Tailgate
Rifle rack
Original cab rear window grille screen straitened, glass beaded and repainted
First aid kit
Correct grease gun mounted on steering column
Correct Fire Extinguisher
New Map Board
New Ignition Key Type Switch (I still have the original)
New front bumper
Horn was replaced with the correct type
Hood support rods installed with a new hood hinge
New plywood cab floor plate
New Exhaust and Muffler
New Head Liner
Wood Bows and ridge pole. (from Midwest Military)
Bed Canvas. It is an old Army style tent but it works and does look good.
(4) Marble reflectors on bed corners and tailgate
Driver side door needed some work so I replaced it with a door from another parts truck but I still have the original
Fender mounted 5 gallon Jerry can with canvas water bucket
Running Board mounted 5 gallon Jerry can, has canvas bucket in picture but it has been removed
(3) later wooden ammo boxes in the bed
Front bumper tow rope is not included
New owner will get everything I have for this truck, all extra parts and parts removed that were replaced with new.
I know I probably missed something but this should be a very complete list.
Now for the price.
I am asking $10,000 I know that may seem high but I figured you have to start somewhere. I also ask for serious inquiries only, please no tire kickers.
If I do sell it for this price I will also include all the other parts I have from other trucks I purchased which include Front and Rear Axles Assemblies
(2) Narrow lock ½ ton rims
(3) Combat Rims
(3) M-37 Style Rims
Extra Windshield Frame (Needs Work)
Extra Passenger Side Door (Later Model WC Truck)
This truck is probably the most original and complete WC-12 that has been out there for sale in the last few years. I have seen a lot on ebay and other forums and on a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a 8 for completeness and originality.
I have more pictures so if interested please let me know and I will send what I have. These pictures posted small. Truck is currently in winter storage in my garage.
I am in Central New York, Approx 55 minutes East of Syracuse.
Thank you, Mark Jennings

nattieleather

Congrats on the sale. I hope you got what you wanted for it. The pics were thumbnails so it made it hard to see, but it looked like a very nice truck.

41WC12

Yeah, I did ok on the sale, I will miss the truck but I feel good knowing the guy who bought it is going to go do a frame off restoration on it. That was something I could not do because of limited space in my garage. Who know maybe someday I will get another one or maybe another Jeep. Mark.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks