• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$500 1986 m1009

JC

SOLD!! Thanks.

I went out this morning to start my CUCV to go to work and I'm pretty sure I burned out my starter. Instead of replacing the starter (which I did last year), I'm going to sell it. $500 and it yours. You will need to tow it.

I bought the truck about 3 years ago and it has been my daily driver ever since then. Since I've owned it I've replaced the water pump, the glow plug relay, the glow plugs, the temp sensor, installed a cigarette lighter, replaced the hood, the tail gate handle and the batteries. I'm sure I've done other things to it but I can't remember them right now.

The truck was running and used as my daily driver until this morning. If you replace the starter (I think it's the bendix spring) it should start. The truck has been giving me problems starting in the morning so I think it needs a new control card or you could install a manual override button. Also the passenger side rocker is rusted and needs replaced. The drivers side rocker was patched over by the military but there is still some rust around the edges of the patch. There is rust in other spots inside the truck as well. The drivers side alternater may need to be replaced- the Gen 1 light has been coming on faintly and the volt meter is right at the yellow and green line. It is in the green if the headlights are not on. It also pulls to the side when I brake hard.

The truck has a strong engine. I have a friend who has owned about 10 CUCV's and he said it has more power than any of his trucks. Until today, I was driving this blazer about 30 miles round trip Monday - Friday to work on a major highway (Rt. 50) where the speed limit is 65.

I've attached some pictures. If interested contact Jim at 240-988-1829.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeadWizard

Recovery Successful!

Went and picked up the M1009 today - rain, fog, traffic yuch! About 2 hours each way in stop and go on the DC Beltway.

It rained the hardest today while I was doing the solo winch it up on the trailer thing :doh:

It is exactly as described and I appreciate the deal that Jim offered. It's now resting comfortably and warming up in the shop for a Monday repair assault.

Now the fun begins - again.

So can I now start a new thread -

"My CUCV won't start"
or
"Need wiring diagram for CUCV"
or
"Starter doesn't work"
or
"Need key for CUCV" (just to pi$$ off a certain CUCV driving Mod)

rofl

Attachments

ABN173

So can I now start a new thread -

"My CUCV won't start"
or
"Need wiring diagram for CUCV"
or
"Starter doesn't work"
or
"Need key for CUCV" (just to pi$$ off a certain CUCV driving Mod)

rofl
That's to funny, but I know they (the mods) get tired of newbies starting new threads that are already out there.........still humorous though ;)

JC

HeadWizard, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Good luck with the truck if you have any questions about it feel free to give me a call. Hope you get it up and running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks