• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking To Buy M561/M792 Gama Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve4sq

really want one of these to make into the ultimate mud machine.

i have a question for you owners out there, would i be better off to get a cheapo in bad condition or pony up the dough and get a nice running one?

if anyone is selling or knows of one for sale please let me know.

i live in florida so somewhere geographically close would be ideal.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane, they were removed fron the auction list before it ended.

yorkgulch2

GSA - Government Services Administration They sell suplus goverment equipment some of it is military vehicals that were transfered to civilian government entities
To make a mudder you probably can come out better using a beater parts tractor. You probably dont need the trailer, motor, hardcab and probably not the motor (also less static from restorers). You need the the drive train from the transfer case (mounted on side with lube pump) to the wheels. Motor typically replaced with a chev 350 or 400 v8, and steering box. Most parts have a civilian equivilant other than those mentioned.

cobra5

I would also like to get one of these after reading up on it. What's everyones opinion of the one that is listed at the Idaho motor pool? Do you guys think the price is in line?

jfnemt1ff1

Scubasteve I have a Gama Goat, It came from a MV junk yard . I spent some time rebuilding it. It came to shell. If you look under post started by me or in the Gama Goat fourm on this site. We drove it out to Aberdeen 2 years ago 1700 miles round trip, ran great this thing will go anywere and keep going. Mine is able to swim and have done so alot. To many new parts to list. PM me if you want to know more about Gama Goats and what to look for.
John
P.S It might be a good time to talk me into selling it I have a ton of other projects in the fire.

davidkroberts

I own a Gama Goat and a mudder might not be too hot an idea as replacement parts such as U-Joints Axles Drive Shafts, transmissions, Transfer cases are rare and fairly expensive. It is true the machine is close to unstoppable but the parts are getting to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks