• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 fording kit pictures?

citizensoldier

Hi guys.. I obtained a fording kit for my M37 but no directions..:| Anybody have kit on there truck that can post some pictures of the valve arangement? And the bracket hook up on the back of the truck? Or maybe the instructions for the kit?

citizensoldier

I was able to get all the valves and cable brackets hooked up with the help of you guys.. Now .. Show me them storage pictures for the exhaust pipe. Do you have to drill and tap a hole in the back or does the small bracket line up somehow? I cant figure it out.. Searched the g741 for pictures and nothing..
I installed the front breather pipe and tube for the air cleaner.. I wont put the cable on until the motor is back in. God I love these trucks..

Bill W

The big loop strap is suppose to up front, that way you'd be able to release the ( smaller) back bracket and pivit/swing it up ( by just loosning the front loop ) into place. I did it the other way as it was more sucure and did not want a loose fitting pipe to scratch my paint job :roll:

knattrass

Lane - we ended up going to Big John and buying his hockey stick blade bracket that bolts up at the rear and we added a rubber isolater to prevent it from chipping the paint (trailer queen - 'member?). We could never figure out the smaller original bracket (2 piece strap gizmo) nor did we find any pics of it in use. John says he had a sample from a new version from the military. We also made an intake holder on the driver's side of the box because we did not want to store it in the tool box below the bed (scratch paint -eh?). If you have someone who used the smaller 2 piece - I'd be interested in seeing that bad boy installed. Happy Holidays. Keith

knattrass

lane - sorry been really busy. The front exhaust is a little clam shell deal that bolts directly to the side of the bed. I too had another original rear bracket but there is no way that bad boy would work. We bought the rear from JB at MWM and it bolts straight up. Still have the other original in the box.... go to MWM.

Dodge man

theres some on page 3 in my webshots ( click below ) I was told its not correct but it worked fine for me and everything bolted right up to the exsisting holes in the bed side. Also in my " M-37 Misc" album theres a couple of pic's of the intake snorkle mount ( page 4 )

M-37 After pictures from military photos on webshots
Thanks for posting those pictures and the installation drawing. I have a mangled Fording Kit that I'm trying to sort out. A previous owner bent the pipes, brackets and even the side of the bed trying to make it fit! I looked at the installation drawing that you posted but they make no sense when I look at my kit and truck. For example, the drawing says to use a 3/8-24 bolt and nut to secure the front clamp but my truck has a bracket there that has two 7/16-20 threaded holes there! Also the drawing shows using a bolt going into a threaded hole (No nut called for) to secure the rear bracket. My truck has three holes in that area but none of them are threaded! So I'm wondering, were all M-37s set up for the fording kit or did some not have the nut plates installed or had nut plates installed for other purposes where there should have been only holes for use with the fording kit?

Also the installation drawing shows that with the exhaust pipe in the upright position the clamp clamps to the smaller exhaust pipe below to heat shield! There's no way mine will fit like that! The heat shield pipe sits much further down than the one shown in the drawing. In addition, the clamp is much too large to clamp the smaller pipe. Is this just a mistake in the drawing or has anyone actually got one installed exactly like the drawing shows?

Final question, when you remove the fording exhaust pipe is there an other tail pile that bolts to the exhaust flange under the bed or do you just run an open pipe?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks