• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bonjour from France !

"V"

Hi all !!

My name's Cédric. I think I'm the lonest frenchman up there...

I'm a long time fan in Vietnam military equipment.

I come from a long time militarymen family, my two grandfathers participated in WWII an one (Spahi) did Indochina War after.

My dad was in Algeria for 30 months before enlist in the french military Police (Gendarmerie) during the 60's where he was a tank pilot on AMX 13 & Sherman Dozer, then he participated in the french riots in May 1968.

One of my brother was a parachute trooper for 17 years.

I hope to find some informations about my favorite machines especially those used in the Vietnam conflict.

I've found this website this afernoon, looking for some good photos of V-100...

I'd like to own one (nearly impossible) but it's so nice to dream. :wink:

I use to draw and make plastic kits, I'm also fond of airplanes & I'm a flightgear collector.

I'll try to write english as correctly as I can, please forgive my future errors if you find one... :oops:

I wish you all "Merry Christmas" from Europe. :grin:

joec

Bienvenue aux soldats en acier. J'espère que vous appréciez votre expérience ici. Joe C

Just saying hello. Form steel soldiers. Reply in English so every one can understand.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome! Your English sounds very good, certainly better than my French!

"V"

Thank you for your answers, especially in french (excellent) !

Citizensoldier = the town is Auch at two hours by car from Bergerac, this is the SW of France near Bordeaux. It's the most important place of "Gers" département (administrative subdivision, just like "state" in USA).

Here we just eat foie gras (from duck), truffle & good vine, this is nice place for stomach, very well known in France...;-)

http://g.imageshack.us/img262/aquitaineum0.gif/1/

Last edited:

dburt

Welcome- your English is pretty good. I don't even know any French words! You can always dream of finding a nice military vehicle, good luck in your search!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Museum I volunteer at has the sister V100 to the one in your avitar...The one with #2 on the side. It was loaned to LAPD by ASMH.
Welcome from California!

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Cédric.

I don't know if you have seen it yet, but there is a whole section of the forum dedicated to the V100-
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

There are many good pictures on there already. There are several V100s being restored by SS members at the moment, including mine. If there are any specific details you want to see pictures of, let me know. If I don't have it in my collection already, I will photograph it for you.

Cheers

joec

You are welcome..! Enjoy the site!

Thank you for your answers, especially in french (excellent) !

Citizensoldier = the town is Auch at two hours by car from Bergerac, this is the SW of France near Bordeaux. It's the most important place of "Gers" département (administrative subdivision, just like "state" in USA).

Here we just eat foie gras (from duck), truffle & good vine, this is nice place for stomach, very well known in France...;-)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Joi Noel:
Jais suis David un mon France' est don le builliard avec jais suis faim de loup.

Jais voudrez tout parlias a mon Seniour Jesu Cri

That is about it for my remaining French. I spent almost a month in France back in 2000 with my oldest son we traveled around Paris for a few days and then took the TGV to a few stations south of Avinon. We then scootered to a good friends church in Auchaud not far from Sett on the French Riviera.

Welcome to the site and please post some pictures of France for us to enjoy if you can.

"V"

Thank you so much for your answers, I'm touched... :p

Dear colonel, thank you for the link, I visited it yesterday... WOUAOUHH!! :idea:

I'm so impressed ! It's really difficult to own such vehicules in France due to very restrictive laws. I'm gonna play money games, then win & travel the Atlantic Ocean !! :wink:

I post here some good pics of my country. Bergerac is just the place where I live/work now.

I was born in Mont-de-Marsan (link with the map), in the middle of the biggest forest in Europe, exclusively made of pine trees. During the 19th century, these trees were planted to dry the numerous inhospitable swamps.

For a very long time firefighters have used old GMC & Jeep to prevent big fires...

I'll post some pics of them in the related topic.

Here, some photos of my country.

The coast, more than 100 km of sand, very dangerous with strong currents created by holes and high/low tide.

And the forest...

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I speak Marine Corps French, but I think something would get lost in translation.....:-D

Welcome to the site.

alphadeltaromeo

Welcome aboard! Always a pleasure to have International members...hope you really enjoy your stay and can quickly find the value of the knowledge/experience on SS. Feel free to schedule a trip out to the U.S. and 10 mins down the road from me is a shop building custom v100's.

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks