• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie fan of the "Duck", frenchmade...

"V"

Hi all !

After a very long time (Wooowww !), I'm back up there !

As a French cop (CRS; Compagnies Républicaines de Sécurité), I travel a lot in France (Calais;Paris...), recently back from one month in Corsica ! 😊

I recently sniped a 1972 technical manual of the Duck on eBay, $30 ! I had been looking for that since so many years !!! More than 15 years of patience...

I have acquired some documentation too, Squadron Signal walkaround & old books related to VN war...

In Corsica, I had the opportunity to take a ride on the French V-100 (Berliet VXB 170 aka VBRG used by Gendarmerie).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome back.

VXB is a cool vehicle, but suffered from a bit of bad timing. If I recall correctly, it came out just before Saviem/Renault took over Berliet, and they already had their VAB to market, so they dumped the VXB.

I hope you will forgive me taking the liberty, but here are your pictures from your post.
It is preferred by the site to post pictures rather than links, because a couple of years from now those links will likely be invalid, and we lose good reference information that way.
The disadvantage, of course, is that the site smashes the pictures down in size/detail.
I suppose maybe pictures and links are best?

Cheers

Attachments

"V"

Hi !

No stress for pics, I'll check the way to post them on the website.

You're right, VXB was proposed to the army before the VAB, rejected & then Saviem/Renault bought Berliet from Citroën in 1978, it came out of purpose as it was redundant...

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Very Kool Armor, and Hello from Missouri. Yes I would be interested also as I would drive into local river and when the local Police would show I would be giving rides all day.

I would surmise that the American Military if they had any V-100s were probably left in country to the ARVN. That would be the place to look, if nobody would hold a grudge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks