• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie fan of the "Duck", frenchmade...

"V"

Hi all & Merry Christmas of course !

I joined yesterday, looking for good V-100 pics/informations.

I think I'm gonna love this particular place...

I dream about own a "V", who knows ??

I'm very fond of this armored car since I viewed it when I was young (15 years ago) in a movie called "Freejack" with Mick Jagger at the controls of one of them !! :idea:

I love his particular hull shape, it's a very fun looking vehicule. He also did a great job in SEA & then in Police SWAT units.

He has influenced all modern armored cars due to his original/efficient design, and has been widely used by numerous armies all over the world.

I'm very interesting in the Vietnam War conflict, I nearly got 50 books on this related subject.

I got some interesting pictures of nose art "V" in these books. I've made one with plastic sheet and 4-views (bad) drawing 10 years ago .

I also have miniatures of him, I own a nice collection.

Read you soon... :wink:

V-100 fan forever !! :grin:

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

Hello! and welcome to SS. I like your user name, do you ever see a show that was on TV in the eighties with the same name?..."V"..was a good show..enjoy all the info and all the people you'll meet here..all good..:-D:-D:-D:-D

"V"

Hello !

For sure I well know this TV serie with human looking lizard aliens who eats mouses!!

I just took this user name cause this is one of the nickname of this particular vehicule, the other is "Duck" (nose shape).

I grew with US series ("K2000", "Airwolf", "The Dukes from Hazard", "A-Team", "The fall guy", "Matt Houston",...).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cedric, funny you should mention "Freejack". The blue one in that movie is one of the V's being restored by an SS member. It has it's turret back now. The red one Mick Jagger rides around in has also been restored to its proper colours.
It's a fun movie, especially if you like V100s.

Cheers

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Your "rides around" is accurate. Mick is the commander, and stays in the cupola . There's a third V-100 (an easy to miss red E1 w/o turret), Russian BTR60, British Alvis Saracen, and a few CJ type jeeps(civilian?). Jerry Hall made it and plays the reporter.

V's also appear in-
The Siege (at least 5 vehicles, good V content)
Dudley Do-Right (2 vehicles near the end, bad flick)
Three Kings (1 in background)
Superboy TV series(2 vehicles, ? # episodes)

JimK

B3.3T

Also, The Last Castle, Broken Arrow, and numerous episodes of Stargate SG-1 and MacGiver

B3.3T

Actually, the one from Three Kings, The Siege, and Broken Arrow, as well as two others from The Siege, are owned by list members.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an interesting site, thanks. About half their vehicle ID's are wrong though! As in "yes, definitely a V100.." about the Dragoon...:razz:

Cheers

"V"

Yes, a little mistake with Robocop...

Yesterday, I've found some interesting photos of an armored car very similar to our big friend.

And, "cherry on the cake", 4 pictures of a prototype enduring tests (marvelous)...

I spend a lot of time on the web, but I collect "goldmade" pics/informations...

I'll show you my collection in an apropriate topic or here, as you want...

Last edited:

"V"

18 produced, called "Armadillo" = "Tatoo".

Guatemala couldn't buy US material, so they planned to copy.

It seems to be a M8 back, you're true....

Portugal did the same with the "Chaimite" = town in Mozambica, old portuguese colony...

Mexico too with the DN-3/4/5 "Caballo" = "Horse"...

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While dabbling around looking at V100 pics, I found this one. It is in Guatemala, there are several Vs, the Armadillo from pic 2 above, and what appear to be two more M8s to the right and behind the main V. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Cheers

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. That would solve my lock ring problems for the spare wheels (haven't matched those yet..:evil:). Up for a shopping trip to Guatemala Jim?? :razz:

Cheers

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Are you still alive [after that cold wet recovery]? I'll be right down with the stolly and some tools. Do you have a spare B/P vest? Jim

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I have an extra. Stolly should get us there!

I'm alive, but turns out the reason I felt crappy on the trip was because I had pneumonia. The cold/wet didn't help any (doh!). But, as the infamous Monty Python line goes "I'm getting better!".

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is another interesting V100, this one from Venezuela.
Looks like a late model (M706 PIP) with the Wegmann launchers and the fuel cap protectors.

After you get over the shock of the white (!) hatch interiors, it is interesting to note the other local modifications- full width front vision block and enlarged side vision blocks (if you have ever sat in a buttoned up V100, you will understand this mod); single headlights with non-standard guards and odd turn signals; what look like axle protectors; and some sporty spoke wheels with smaller-than-stock tires.

The front vision block on the turret looks wider than normal too, but I'm not sure about that.

On the topic of single headlights, the E2 at the USAF museum also has single non-standard (M37?) headlights.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks