• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1940 Dodge VC pics

trigger

I have a Dodge vc-3, but I have got a lot of extra holes in the dash and the fire wall that should not be there. If some one has some pic's of them, that would help a lot. Thanks

Gordon_M

Is your truck on the survivors list?

if not, send me all the info and a pic to;

Gordon@Dodge.org.uk

... and I'll add it for you.

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vc200401.htm

As for the dash and firewall holes, the VC 3 should be exactly the same as the civilian Dodge half ton of the same year with just three extra holes;

1. To the right of the main instrument block area, a single 'D' shaped hole about 1/2" in diameter to mount the BRAKE LIGHT switch ( early version of blackout system )

2. To the top right of the main instrument cluster, two 1/8" holes for the rivets attaching the serial plate.

That's it, anything else is an extra.

Other VC things to look for;

A. Does your front axle have a bolt-on differential cover? if so you have a WC half ton front axle with VC ends fitted which was a common thing (original front axle housings were quite fragile)

B. Does your transmission have a PTO blanking plate on it? If so you have a WC half ton transmission, possibly with the VC top plate and gearchange lockouts. Original VC transmissions had no PTO blanking plate.

C. Are your bed side panels drilled for longitudinal seats, (three sets of bracket holes fornt, centre, and rear of each panel) or transverse seats (about a dozen holes in each bed panel to hold one big thick plank to the bed side, supporting the transverse seat planks)

The VC 3 came with longitudinal seats only, so if your bed is drilled for transverse seats you might have a VC 5 open cab that has had its cab replaced - that's common too.

Any other VC info or photos you need ? just ask at the e-mail address up top.

Gordon_M

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks