• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power steering for Deuce

moboy

I will be the 1000th person to ask this. Does
anyone have a simple system with Pix of the job.
I don't really want the air system. I have a
machine shop so I can build brackets> Just don't
know where to start. How about a steering sector
off a 2 ton truck? If you have anything please
let me know thanks. Jim

4 deuces, 1 5 ton, 2 M880,1 M1009, 1 M38A1 6 trailers numerous pumps and gen sets on and on
and on

hot rod deuce

well there are some things you can do. a box from a 2 tonner is a start, BUT you see the deuce was designed for an inboard steering box. the problem i had was IF i mounted it out side the drag link was about 6 inches (or the width of your box)away from the frame and the stock one was about 2 inches. thats a no go for the box i had. well that means the inside it must go. my box was a small compact "metric" box from an airport shuttle bus. so it just cleared the winch shaft and after a lot of careful planing and hackin it fits like it was made. i would start by box shoppin and see what you find. you may get lucky and find an inboard box or i think one BEIND the axle may work.(strait up and down steering wheel?) either way it aint easy and if you like the easy way out just put down the torch and get the air setup but if your up to a challange, by all means grab a welder and get to work

Do you need a good runnin spare motor?

moboy

thanks for the help. How well does the air steering work? Where is the
best place to get one? would like to see a pix of your truck with
16 x 20 on it jim

dozer1

I was just wondering if anybody has heard from the guy who was supposed to put together power steering kits at a very affordable price? I haven't been around here much lately because of harvest, so it is possible that I missed it.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just wondering if anybody has heard from the guy who was supposed to put together power steering kits at a very affordable price? I haven't been around here much lately because of harvest, so it is possible that I missed it.
You mean M35-Tom's kit via Waterloo Specialties? Mine arrives tomorrow, can't wait to start installing it!!!

They closed the thread on that one because it was getting out of hand. He did say that he would post the kits in the classifieds on this site when/if he could produce them.

Dipstick

I bought the same kit as Hank's from Memphis Trucks and had Alex Gordon at Idaho Motor Pool install it for me when he bobbed my Deuce. It's expensive, but a very robust design. I'll find out how well it steers 11R-20 Firestone T831 tires when it's delivered to me in a week or two. Hank does really nice work judging from his pictures.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody used the power steering kit from Boyce Equipment?
I just had it installed on my bobbed m35a2 and haven't driven it yet. Was wondering how othere people like it, and if anybody has had any problems with it.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I bought the same kit as Hank's from Memphis Trucks and had Alex Gordon at Idaho Motor Pool install it for me when he bobbed my Deuce. It's expensive, but a very robust design. I'll find out how well it steers 11R-20 Firestone T831 tires when it's delivered to me in a week or two. Hank does really nice work judging from his pictures.

i know you will like my kit, give us some feedback when you get to drive it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks