• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep002a

jeepin

What did you use for fuel filters? I am under the impression the NAPA ones dont fit right?

I removed the three Fram cans, fabbed an angle bracket and added
a Wix 33123
with a WIX 24309 base. You will also need 1/2 to 1/4 NPT bushings to re-use the stock AN 90degree hose elbows with that base.

Attachments

Last edited:

jeepin

Mangus or anyone else, does your battery condition gauge read with the engine stopped or only when the set is running? I am trying to troubleshoot my no charge condition.
thanks

mangus580

I'm not really sure yet. One gauge isnt working, and the other has only been run from a slave cable.

It almost would appear neither are charging, but I havent looked far into that.

What makes you think yours isnt charging?

jatonka

I can't speak for the 5 K sets, but on the 10K, the voltmeter guage only reads when the motor is running. at idle the guage reads about 10 to 11 volts, at full RPM, making 60 Hz and 120 V. it reads about 25to 27 volts, in the green, heading toward upper red. I have been running it a lot and it is charging. I am putting a solargizer on it Saturday to keep the batteries up and desulfated. I found a brand new 101 trailer cover for it today in one of the hooches, it fits great, just isn't quite long enough. If anyone has a 116 gen cover that they want to trade for a 101 cover, I'm willing. JT out

mangus580

Good to hear you got hours on it JT.

I think my first step is to get good batteries on them. Then I need to work from there.

If anyone tries to use the original fuel filters, let me know what cartridge you use, and how it fits.

jeepin

The alternator fuse is blowing.

I'm not really sure yet. One gauge isnt working, and the other has only been run from a slave cable.

It almost would appear neither are charging, but I havent looked far into that.

What makes you think yours isnt charging?

aboonski

I just won one of these at Redstone. The pictures are helpful to me because I need to bring along a spare tire when I retrieve the unit. Looks like the M1008 rims will fit this trailer.

dirtyfingernails

The NAPA fuel filters work fine for the MEP003s. That O ring is a pain to install though! Alan, glad to see you got one. How much you guys paying? I bought before the glut and probably paid too much (about $1200 per).
Steve

aboonski

Hi Steve, after all the add ons by GL the total came to $888.94 for the unit that I won which has the trailer and bows with the generator. I hope I didn't screw up because I did not have my correct email address in my profile. I only found out that I won the lot because of the charge showing up on my credit card; for some reason the $888.94 disappeared from my card today so I don't know at this point! I went ahead and sent in my EUC and emailed the main office with an explanation. Anybody else do something like this?

dirtyfingernails

Mangus,
No problem. I used NAPA 3113. You do have to slightly modify the filter. You see the "T" shape in the center of the filter housing? Those "tangs" have to bent slightly to fit over the MEP003 fuel filter center bolt. No biggie for me. It's a whole lot cheaper than a specialty item too. I've stocked up on them. Smok Stak is where I where I got this information.
Steve

Attachments

aboonski

Anyone know the approximate weight of the genset and trailer combo? Brinhing the lady along for the ride to retrieve my 5KW and we are substituting the Toyota Highlander Hybrid for the M1008 (for confort reasons mainly). Just concerned that the weight might exceed the towing limitations in the owner's manual for the Toyota. Also want to find out if the trailer is an M103 - I'll post a photo. Thanks!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks